• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Know anything 'bout co-packers?

I'm looking to find a co-packer in the Vancouver area and for those not sure of the term, a co-packer is a company that takes your recipe and produces your product for you - such as a sauce, syrup, jam etc.

I've come across a few companies however I wanted to see if the e-Gullet community is knowledgable about this topic, has resources to share or even tips/hints on what to look for.

Can you help? Thanks!

Brian

Brian Misko

House of Q - Competition BBQ

www.houseofq.com

I'm looking to find a co-packer in the Vancouver area and for those not sure of the term, a co-packer is a company that takes your recipe and produces your product for you - such as a sauce, syrup, jam etc.

I've come across a few companies however I wanted to see if the e-Gullet community is knowledgable about this topic, has resources to share or even tips/hints on what to look for.

Can you help?  Thanks!

Brian

After years of producing her own sauce my friend has finally used a co-packer here in Vancouver. If you mentioned a couple names I'd probably recognise the one she used. She's having several thousand bottles done right now for shipment to her U.S. market after testing the system with a few minimum run batches. Prompt me with the name of a larger bottler and it would probably be correct. Meanwhile I know she'll be hard to reach over the next few days.

A referral from NOLA for OR? Hmm... Um, a gracious thank you but I was looking to stay with local Vancouver companies for now.

Glenys - other than the firm name, she might be a good resource to know pitfalls and things to avoid. Any lessons learned to share?

Thanks

Brian

Brian Misko

House of Q - Competition BBQ

www.houseofq.com

A referral from NOLA for OR?  Hmm...  Um, a gracious thank you but I was looking to stay with local Vancouver companies for now.

Fine, but it is, in fact, pretty much along the lines of what I do for a living. Good luck with that.

Brooks Hamaker, aka "Mayhaw Man"

There's a train everyday, leaving either way...

Hi Brian,

There was a company, a number of years ago, in Richmond doing what you are looking for. I do not remember the name of the company but they were located at 185-11960 Hammersmith Way. I happen to be in that area this weekend so I will drive by and get the name for you.

Have a great weekend,

Les

pastrychefwanttobe

Hi Brian,

There was a company, a number of years ago, in Richmond doing what you are looking for. I do not remember the name of the company but they were located at 185-11960 Hammersmith Way. I happen to be in that area this weekend so I will drive by and get the name for you.

Have a great weekend,

Les

pastrychefwanttobe

Is this the place?

"If cookin' with tabasco makes me white trash, I don't wanna be recycled."

courtesy of jsolomon