• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Has anyone ever tried..

PurpleDingo99

I just saw em up in the cupboard and it got me thinking. Google returned a kids recipe involving spreading marshmallow cream on the finished pancake, but nothing about actually cooking them inside. I have no idea if it would work or not, but has anyone tried? If not, I may have to tomorrow.

Furthermore, what would happen were you to drizzle pancake batter into frying oil ala funnel cake?

for the pankacke thing...use a nonstick pan.

for the funnel cake thing, perhaps consider using a different batter (one without levening)...though, please, try it and tell us as it works out :smile:

I do love fried dough.

does this come in pork?

My name's Emma Feigenbaum.

I just saw em up in the cupboard and it got me thinking. Google returned a kids recipe involving spreading marshmallow cream on the finished pancake, but nothing about actually cooking them inside. I have no idea if it would work or not, but has anyone tried? If not, I may have to tomorrow.

Furthermore, what would happen were you to drizzle pancake batter into frying oil ala funnel cake?

I don't see why not. Throw in some chocolate chips and sprinkle with a little powdered sugar.

Smore's pancakes!!!

that is a pretty good idea actually. I imagine there is a receipt some where for pancakes made w/ graham flour. Add chocolate and marshmallows and you would be in business. The only things missing are a couple of verses of "Kum Ba Yah" and a camp fire....

in loving memory of Mr. Squirt (1998-2004)--

the best cat ever.

Smore's pancakes!!!

that is a pretty good idea actually. I imagine there is a receipt some where for pancakes made w/ graham flour. Add chocolate and marshmallows and you would be in business. The only things missing are a couple of verses of "Kum Ba Yah" and a camp fire....

Still havnt tried cause one of my friends whose out of town wants to do a mini foodlab (including Orange Buffalo wings, which I have to say sounds like a wickedly good idea.)

That recipe i said I found on google (w/ the marshmallow cream) was actually for smore pancakes. =p

Smore's pancakes!!!

Still havnt tried cause one of my friends whose out of town wants to do a mini foodlab (including Orange Buffalo wings, which I have to say sounds like a wickedly good idea.)

That recipe i said I found on google (w/ the marshmallow cream) was actually for smore pancakes. =p

"orange" buffalo wings? (I know this is completely off topic fr/ the original post, but...) What makes them "orange"? Is there orange zest in the breading? or sauce? or marinated in orange juice? or is it just the color? & is it some thing that could be translated to a chicken breast or even a whole chicken?

the best cat ever.

Smore's pancakes!!!

"orange" buffalo wings? (I know this is completely off topic fr/ the original post, but...) What makes them "orange"? Is there orange zest in the breading? or sauce? or marinated in orange juice? or is it just the color? & is it some thing that could be translated to a chicken breast or even a whole chicken?

We were thinking something along the lines of squeezing a couple oranges into the hotsauce and letting it reduce before adding the butter. Probably have to add a couple other things as we go to get it where we want, but I really want to avoid it coming out to a simple syrup (ala chinese orange chicken.) My goal is to remove the need for a dipping sauce entirely.

Smore's pancakes!!!

We were thinking something along the lines of squeezing a couple oranges into the hotsauce and letting it reduce before adding the butter. Probably have to add a couple other things as we go to get it where we want, but I really want to avoid it coming out to a simple syrup (ala chinese orange chicken.) My goal is to remove the need for a dipping sauce entirely.

dude, try making an orange butter. zest of 3 oranges, one stick of butter, heat up add zest, let infuse for a day or so. melt, strain, proceed. post pics please.

or

an orange chile oil. a few thai chiles, some good low flavor oil, some zest. a few days...youre set.

does this come in pork?

My name's Emma Feigenbaum.

Smore's pancakes!!!

dude, try making an orange butter. zest of 3 oranges, one stick of butter, heat up add zest, let infuse for a day or so. melt, strain, proceed. post pics please.

or

an orange chile oil. a few thai chiles, some good low flavor oil, some zest. a few days...youre set.

add some cracked coriander seed in there as well.

the best cat ever.

Smore's pancakes!!!

or

With the former, are you talking about eliminating the spice altogether? :huh: