• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

King's Noodle (Korean) Chinese Restaurant

Jason Perlow

This is a great little Korean Chinese place in the same shopping center as Han Ah Reum in Ridgefield. The food is great, and inexpensive. Dumplings are incredible.

gallery_2_2268_56532.jpg

Storefront

gallery_2_2268_14355.jpg

Complimentary Radish Kimchi Appetizer

gallery_2_2268_29590.jpg

Some other kind of pickle.

gallery_2_2268_21571.jpg

Awesome fried dumplings

gallery_2_2268_39887.jpg

Pork, scallion and other stuff inside.

gallery_2_2268_5446.jpg

Chicken in Pepper Sauce, similar to Kung Pao Chicken but Koreanized.

gallery_2_2268_28653.jpg

Special Peking Noodle, ZaZangMeyon, Prior to saucing.

gallery_2_2268_13897.jpg

ZaZangMeyon Sauce

gallery_2_2268_53463.jpg

Noodles and Sauce, mixed.

gallery_2_2268_26732.jpg

Fried Pork with Sweet and Sour Sauce. A different approach than the Chinese-American favorite.

Edited by Jason Perlow (log)

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

Those are some pretty fine looking gun mandu. And the zazzangmyeon didn't look half bad either. Was the kakdugi shrimpy, or not? And did they serve jambong? I don't know any self-respecting Korean-chinese place that doesn't serve jambong. There used to be a place around the corner from where I lived that had a special divided bowl that served half zazzang - half jambong. It was a real hit for those who couldn't make up their minds.

The cubed radish kimchi - my spelling may be dubious.

Interestingly, I heard in Korea that the odd child out in a game will often be called the "kakdugi", as it's not as common as the other sorts of kimchi.

Dunno if that's still true.

I’ve been looking in vain for a decent fishmonger that carries more than the usual salmon/tuna/shrimp selection; judging from your pictures this certainly seems to fit the bill. It’s a 25 minute drive for me — worth it?

"All humans are out of their f*cking minds -- every single one of them."

-- Albert Ellis

Yeah, Han Ah Reum will certainly work for you, Johnny. Here is our previous thread on it:

http://forums.egullet.org/index.php?showtopic=20950

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

The cubed radish kimchi - my spelling may be dubious.

Interestingly, I heard in Korea that the odd child out in a game will often be called the "kakdugi", as it's not as common as the other sorts of kimchi.

Dunno if that's still true.

Yerah I think it may have been somewhat shrimpy.

• 3 months later...

We went to King's Noodle this weekend and weren't totally impressed. We had the diced chicken in pepper sauce and the noodles Jason mentioned. I couldn't get enough of the noodles, but next time we're ordering two bowls if we have more people. The chicken was... only decent. It wasn't really salted enough and it was rather plain-tasting. It was a bit on the oily side, although it was tasty oil. I think that it'd have been better if I'd asked for rice. We did not have the dumplings since we just wanted a lightish dinner in anticipation of some tasty pastries and bubble tea from the place inside Han Ah Reum.

However, there is a new traditional Korean restaurant that replaced the old one, right next to the supermarket. We haven't tried, but looking inside, it's very nice-looking. Perhaps we'll scope it out with friends.

I can also vouch for the food court in Han Ah Reum, too. Mitsuwa it ain't, but the kimchi stew I got was amazing and would be fantastic outside on a cold winter day.

"Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside" -Mark Twain

"Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock 'n roll." -Shigeru Miyamoto, creator of The Legend of Zelda, circa 1990