• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Tequila Flight Trays

ScottNYC

Hi,

I am looking for unique Tequila Flight trays and I thought this would be a good place to start. Do any of you have pictures of Flight Trays? Or do you know of any accounts in NYC that have Tequila Flight trays? I would also be interested if you could send me some names of places that serve flights of any kind. I already have seen them at Flatiron and Pegu so any others would be great.

Thank You

How do you mean, "flight trays?" And is there anything that would make one tequila-specific?

Most of the time when I have had spirit "flights" in a restaurant (Babbo, for example, does a grappa flight) it's just been in glasses on the table.

--

Flatiron has a cocktail flight served on a wooden board. Alas, the bartenders said they were custom made. I have a picture if I can ever figure out how to post them. They held three glasses perfectly: mini martini or rocks in any combo.

did that work?

Thanks for the help eje

let me know if the file is too large.

sean

by the way, I loved the flatiron. excellent vibe and perfect cocktails. that bar was the highlight of my NY trip.

edit for gratuitous praise and major ass kissing.

Edited by Snowy is dead (log)

I added tequila flights to my restaurant a year ago. I have a friend who works in a machine shop and had him design arcs of stainless with 3 holes milled out that 3 shot glasses nest in perfectly. Let me know and I'll work on getting a picture of that for you.

Hi Scott,

My brother Chris Reiner designed the flight trays for Flatiron. He is an artist specializing in woodwork and sculpture art. His Website is www.reinerarts.com, you could contact him through his site, he may be able to do some custom trays for you. I sent him the glassware that I wanted to use on the flight, our logo and concept, and the size of the tables they needed to go on, and he designed the trays from there.

Julie