• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Fry pans

kutsu

I'm a big fan of the Meyer Analon pans - ...  Frying pans about £60. 

I'm also a big fan but find I have to replace every 2-3 years or so - but I do use them more as roasting tins rather than just on top of the stove

Mine have worked a treat for the past 5 years both on the stove and in the oven (the smallest skillet - maybe 15cm diameter and good value as a starter/tester pack when I bought it - is excellent for roasting 2-3 portion sized roasts).

They've got a few scratches on them now, but that doesn't seem to effect the non-stickiness. That said, my fried eggs had recently started to stick, but I think that was due to burnt-on flour from the traditional weekend fry up of potato scones. A good scrub seemed to improve matters anyway.

PS

Edinburgh