• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Rocco's New Reality Show

Holly Moore

Celebrity Chef and Cookbook Author Rocco Di Spirito is shooting his new cable TV show, and we're looking for people with a dramatic situation in their life involving food. Worried about that engagement dinner with your picky mother-in-law? Will a family barbeque set the stage to reunite an estranged family member? Do you want to win back your ex-girlfriend with an impressive romantic dinner!? Maybe you just never learned how to cook, and it's a source of tension between you and a loved one! Email us with your story, and we'll contact you!

OK, on the assumption Rocco's A&E producers check eGullet regularly, save the cost of an Email and post your story here. Key word is "drama." Truth is optional.

Holly Moore

"I eat, therefore I am."

HollyEats.Com

Twitter

Okay, okay........okay.... my 20 year high school reunion is next year, but nothing is popping to mind that would require Rocco......although I could probably use lessons when it comes to macking on large tables full of bachelorettes.

Damn, I'm drawing a blank. Maybe I'm trying too hard. I keep trying to think of a way to include Jonathan from "Blow Out" into the mix and the scope of it is beyond me.

Jerry

Kansas City, Mo.

Unsaved Loved Ones

My eG Food Blog- 2011

OK, on the assumption Rocco's A&E producers check eGullet regularly, save the cost of an Email and post your story here.  Key word is "drama."  Truth is optional.

How soon can they make it?

I've been fed up to here with children nibbling on the corner of my house, so I locked one up in a cage to fatten up. This was three weeks ago, but when I asked him to thrust out a finger, it was bonier than ever. I am not sure if I'm feeding him right and if I keep him locked up any longer, Whole Foods is threatening to stop buying my gingerbread.

Meanwhile, the girl's standing in front of the oven. I wonder....

"Viciousness in the kitchen.

The potatoes hiss." --Sylvia Plath

So... it's Jerry Springer meets Food 911... is that about right?! :wink:

"Many people believe the names of In 'n Out and Steak 'n Shake perfectly describe the contrast in bedroom techniques between the coast and the heartland." ~Roger Ebert

That's not fair. Jerry isn't that bad and Tyler Florence appears to know how to cook.

Ah, it's been way too long since I did a butt. - Susan Fahning aka "snowangel"

--------------------

One summers evening drunk to hell, I sat there nearly lifeless…Warren

How soon can they make it?

I've been fed up to here with children nibbling on the corner of my house, so I locked one up in a cage to fatten up.  This was three weeks ago, but when I asked him to thrust out a finger, it was bonier than ever.  I am not sure if I'm feeding him right and if I keep him locked up any longer, Whole Foods is threatening to stop buying my gingerbread.

Meanwhile, the girl's standing in front of the oven.  I wonder....

The piece I saw about this said they were casting in late June or early July. Just in time for your little dilemma it would seem. :biggrin:

I've been fed up to here with children nibbling on the corner of my house, so I locked one up in a cage to fatten up.  This was three weeks ago, but when I asked him to thrust out a finger, it was bonier than ever.  I am not sure if I'm feeding him right and if I keep him locked up any longer, Whole Foods is threatening to stop buying my gingerbread.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

..... And that little blond brat that keeps breaking into the house and then has the nerve to bitch about how my husband's porridge is too hot and my porridge is too cold and then she just sits there and eats my kid's porridge. :wink:

Meanwhile, the girl's standing in front of the oven.  I wonder....

Geez, and all this time I thought the kid ran away to join the French Foreign Legion.

"Oh, tuna. Tuna, tuna, tuna." -Andy Bernard, The Office

• 1 month later...

"You may recall the NBC reality show The Restaurant from Mark Burnett Prods and starring restaurateur Rocco DiSpirito. In his second season, Rocco all but lost his restaurant, and you may have thought he was all washed up, at least in the reality TV business. Well, that cake isn't fully cooked yet. Rocco is back on A&E with a new project called simply Rocco, where he helps people solve various life issues with food - whipping up the perfect dinner for the future mother-in-law, or pulling together a romantic dinner for two. The pilot has been ordered from 44 Blue Prods, the same guys who are producing Designing Blind for A&E about an extraordinary interior designer who happens to be blind." - Cynopsis, 7/26 issue

http://www.cynopsis.com/content/view/498/53/

I wonder how many of the life issues he'll solve involve giggly models.....

Edited by PDC (log)

"You may recall the NBC reality show The Restaurant from Mark Burnett Prods and starring restaurateur Rocco DiSpirito.  In his second season, Rocco all but lost his restaurant, and you may have thought he was all washed up, at least in the reality TV business. Well, that cake isn't fully cooked yet.  Rocco is back on A&E with a new project called simply Rocco, where he helps people solve various life issues with food - whipping up the perfect dinner for the future mother-in-law, or pulling together a romantic dinner for two.  The pilot has been ordered from 44 Blue Prods, the same guys who are producing Designing Blind for A&E about an extraordinary interior designer who happens to be blind." - Cynopsis, 7/26 issue

This sounds a bit like "Food 911" with Tyler Florence only with some more heart rending back story added.

Also FYI--

I just heard that a spinoff of "Designing Blind" to be shot entirely in Italy and written by John Berendt is in the works--to be titled: "Venetian Blind."

like Queer Eye, but without the clothes, hair, music, remodel.

Rocco can cook.  No one who's had his food would deny that.

he can cook, but not in a restaurant anymore. i'm sure he wouldn't want to when the money isn't there and besides, who would back him now that he's been sued by chodorow?

it's too bad, because before the stylists and everything i heard he was one of the great ones.

I think it is one of the great tragedies of our epicurious world to have such a well documented plummet from success of one of the great cooks of my generation. I have to say, for all of the things Rocco wasnt on his show, he definitely was in his kitchen at Union Pacific. The guy had experience at Lespinasse and over the pond that truly formed him into a great cook, unfortunately, he was goated away from what was so successful for him with money. I have no doubt that had he kept his focus at Union Pacific, today we would be talking about a michelin starred chef.

but thats just me...

gregkc

"When you love your land

You want to make it known to as many people as possible.

And to make it rich.

Gastronomy is a magnificent way to do all that.

Just like the Poltergeists.

It's Baaaa-aaaack!!! :blink:

While i respect him for past accomplishments, sounds like another trainwreck of a show! ouch. Good luck with that one.

And just like a trainwreck, we won't be able to look away...

To paraphrase Charles Dickens.

"God help us. Every One."

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol