• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Pig Roast Hire ?

When I first looked for someone to do a spit roast in Oxfordshire, I went to a Q Guild butcher who knew someone. The other alternative is to check out a nearby farmers' market - there's generally one there or someone who knows someone. Or find yourself a good pig farmer and ask him/her. There was also a lady on Radio 2 last week talking about her company that goes round all over the place - may have been the Steve Wright show, not sure, but an email to them may provide a name. Best of luck and enjoy.

Edited by Bernice Hurst (log)

Not looking too good I'm afraid. Spoke to a friend who used to make and rent them and apparently new regulations mean that in effect you have to have a trained person to operate it and they only usually come as part of a package with the meat.