• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cordeillan-Bages

robert40

A very good friend of mine whose opinion I trust immensely recently dined at Cordeillan-Bages and raved about the meal.

Have any others been recently, and who believes Thierry Marx is a strong candidate for three stars in the future?

Robert R

Dining in some of the best restaurants in the world annually are not her hobby but passion. Her praise only comes when well deserved.

She also was one of the first to post a report on El Bulli here.

Robert R

• 4 weeks later...

I went in late 2003, and it was the 3rd best meal I've ever eaten in France, behind Guy Savoy and Le Grand Vefour (must have caught it on a good day, because so many eGulleteers don't care for it). It was better than Can Fabes, better than Meurice, and nearly on par with The French Laundry. This is an outstanding restaurant.

Edited by vinobiondo (log)

• 1 year later...

Thierry Marx was in New York City this weekend doing a guest chef appearance at the Modern, the restaurant in the Museum of Modern Art. He served several Cordeillan-Bages signature dishes. There's a report of the meal here. I was very, very impressed.

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)