• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

ISO Chocolate Gelato recipe

merstar

If anyone has this recipe, would you be kind enough to PM it to me? (Or post it according to the egullet rules, ie, in your own words)? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE.

Only quazi-related (and no offense intended towards David's recipe), but a blog called Traveler's Lunchbox did a 3-Gelato recipe showdown last summer that was fascinating and yielded a clear winner:

Chocolate vs. Chocolate

Enjoy!

Andrea

http://tenacity.net

"You can't taste the beauty and energy of the Earth in a Twinkie." - Astrid Alauda

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Food Lovers' Guide to Santa Fe, Albuquerque & Taos: OMG I wrote a book. Woo!

I actually had quite a few conversations with Melissa when she was making her gelati. If you read her post, she mostly whipped hers with an electric mixer (if my memory serves me correctly) rather than turning it in an ice cream machine, and had mixed results, according to her.

The recipe in Room For Dessert was one I made when Marcella Hazan came to eat in our restaurant.

It's adapted from her recipe, and it's the best chocolate gelato I've ever had.

Only quazi-related (and no offense intended towards David's recipe), but a blog called Traveler's Lunchbox did a 3-Gelato recipe showdown last summer that was fascinating and yielded a clear winner:

Chocolate vs. Chocolate

Enjoy!

Andrea

http://tenacity.net

Thanks for the link, Andrea!

I actually had quite a few conversations with Melissa when she was making her gelati. If you read her post, she mostly whipped hers with an electric mixer (if my memory serves me correctly) rather than turning it in an ice cream machine, and had mixed results, according to her.

The recipe in Room For Dessert was one I made when Marcella Hazan came to eat in our restaurant.

It's adapted from her recipe, and it's the best chocolate gelato I've ever had.

David,

Your gelato sounds great. Can't wait to try it!

Thanks,

Meryl