• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Whole Foods stops selling live lobsters

Toliver

The corporate slime that is Whole Foods knows no bounds. I hate shopping there and go elsewhere whenever I can but for certain specialty items in my area they are the only close by place to go.

Such was the case the past weekend, I was looking for crawfish live and frozen tails. They were out of live (but carry them) and had bags of frozen tails. We bought a few bags and went home to our new ettouffe recipe.

When we got the bags home we noticed these frozen tails were not from N.O. but instead from China. Fresh frozen and flown halfway around the world at bargin basement prices to a whole foods nearest you. I suppose its ok to do business with a country known for its inhumane labor practices and human rights violations if there is a great margin in it.....but at least the ducks won't have to suck the steel pipe. :hmmm:

-Mike & Andrea