• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Buona Notte down?

phedre

Co-workers had scheduled an after-work 5a7 at Buona Notte for Thursday. Today, I hear that's been changed due to their liquor license being pulled.

While I'm not upset that the venue was changed, I'm curious as to what the story is. Ok, nosy. Are they shut down for good?

Disclaimer: 1) a renunciation of any claim to or connection with; 2) disavowal; 3) a statement made to save one's own ass

Just to echo what I wrote in the Globe thread ...

Buona Notte lives for the wine and liquor sales that Grand Prix weekend brings. This is a HUGE blow.

Wow.

Incidentally, I was there the night of the big bust (there were a few) at both Buona and Globe. It was quite a scene. I think there were more cops in the restaurants than at the Stanley Cup riot in 1993.

It turns out the 21 day ban is ONLY for the terrasse at Buona Notte (open GP week) and not for the restaurant proper. So all in all, a loss of maybe 100 grand and not half a mill :wink:

It still sucks for them ... big time.

Edited by iharrison (log)

Kidding jf. Just kidding.

I was speculating tonight with someone who works at Cavalli about how much the penalty will cost Buona ... this person, initmately familiar with liquor sales at these establishments, thought that maybe 100 large for the terrasse over the course of the long GP weekend was a decent estimate.

That's pretty much in line with your 30 gr x 3.