• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

World Cup Food: What’d’ya eat?

It's World Cup time again, this time for Rugby of course, and this week's 'Journal du Dimanche' noted that two Parisian institutions are celebrating.  The first is Poilane who has created a Pain Poilane football made from 2,3 kg of pain de mie in the shape of a football, or rugby ball I suppose. 

The second is the Bristol hotel, whose bar will be serving a special beer menu throughout the championship with beers from each country competing.

the thought of such stellar bread is but a dream where we live at the moment, beers a tad more accessible, however I will, as usual, be eating my fingernails, hmmm, I'm from Oz, husband Kiwi, kids went to French school in HK and daughter played rugby for the school at the HK 7's, lived in Fiji for 4 yrs, now in England,....who to back????? actually reset position seems to be allez les bleus (with a bit of all black :smile: )

ps. we are eating lamb tonight

Edited by insomniac (log)

It's World Cup time again, this time for Rugby of course, and this week's 'Journal du Dimanche' noted that two Parisian institutions are celebrating.  The first is Poilane who has created a Pain Poilane football made from 2,3 kg of pain de mie in the shape of a football, or rugby ball I suppose. 

The second is the Bristol hotel, whose bar will be serving a special beer menu throughout the championship with beers from each country competing.

And the most over-hyped chef in Paris, Helene Darroze, will be preparing dinner for 500 at the quarter finals at the Stade de France, presumably for SocGen's primo clients (I'm glad I'm a LCL bankee myself).

John Talbott

blog John Talbott's Paris