• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Pots de Creme Pots

Mussina

pricey!

$150 for one little pot that I like :blink:

Actually the plain white ones break out to about $6-7 each, which isn't so bad, but still adds up when you like to buy your serving dishes in sets of 12...

They sure are cuteness personified though!

Do you suffer from Acute Culinary Syndrome? Maybe it's time to get help...

Many thanks everyone. I love the looks of the French pots de creme at potsdecreme.com (too funny) but the fantes prices are much more in my budget.

Do you think there would be any problem using a white porcelain demitasse cup?

Many thanks everyone.  I love the looks of the French pots de creme at potsdecreme.com (too funny) but the fantes prices are much more in my budget.

Nope. I think it'd look very nice, especially if your pots de creme are flavored with something that will give it color, like coffee or chocolate.

May

Totally More-ish: The New and Improved Foodblog

Many thanks everyone.  I love the looks of the French pots de creme at potsdecreme.com (too funny) but the fantes prices are much more in my budget.

I'd like to get the pots de creme pots with lids, but for now I make my pots de creme and other puddings, mousses, etc in white, ribbed porcelain cups like these from Sur La Table:

click

(6.95 per four cups)

"Under the dusty almond trees, ... stalls were set up which sold banana liquor, rolls, blood puddings, chopped fried meat, meat pies, sausage, yucca breads, crullers, buns, corn breads, puff pastes, longanizas, tripes, coconut nougats, rum toddies, along with all sorts of trifles, gewgaws, trinkets, and knickknacks, and cockfights and lottery tickets."

-- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, 1962 "Big Mama's Funeral"