• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Impulse Junk Food Buying

I'm guilty...

Kinder chocolate eggs! (The kind with the toy inside. I swear we have 50 of these toys, by now.)

Elite chocolate bars! (They introduced one with pretzel bits a month ago, and I had to switch stores, to one where they weren't displayed at the checkout stand.)

Tostitos. For pre-chocolate snacking, you know. :rolleyes:

So long it's salty, doesn't say "tomato" or "ketchup" flavored, I'll probably give it a try.

I've a weakness for muruku, shrimp chips, fish crackers, you name it, I'll eat it.

I don't do candy bars though. I can't stand the terrible sweetness any more.

It's terrible. During exam time (the last round's just over), I'll buy bags and bags to keep me company.

And I never ever go into the little shop at the gas station. Thank goodness I don't drive.

May

Totally More-ish: The New and Improved Foodblog

Slim Jim's.  Dirty, dirty Slim Jim's.

Packs of 5 for $1.00 at most all Dollar Tree stores. Ehhhhhhxcellent!

Kevin

DarkSide Member #005-03-07-06

Usually, something crunchy. Tim's Cascade Jalapeno chips, "Olive Oil Potato Chips", Doritos, pretzels.

But most shameful of all... I have a weakness for BBQ Beef Burritos. Especially when they have sat just a little too long under the heat lamp. They're terrible. But every now and then...

_Jesse Williamson ;-};

yep, had me them Zingers!

Today in the grocery store I saw inside out junior mints...gotta have them!

Does anyone remember chocolate dipped twinkies? chocodiles I think they were called...nasty, sweet and delish!!!

"I eat fat back, because bacon is too lean"

-overheard from a 105 year old man

"The only time to eat diet food is while waiting for the steak to cook" - Julia Child