• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

[DFW] Tapas suggestions

irodguy

We tried to go to De Tapas at lunch. The door was open but literally nobody inside. It also had the typical smell of a restaurant that was not doing well.

So with that said, anybody have a suggestions were to go for good Tapas?

Edited by irodguy (log)

Never trust a skinny chef

They're always frustratingly empty at lunch, and in fact are empty alot, yet have been there for years. We did go one time late at night for drinks and it was packed though!

Anways, more on topic: Rouge was fun, but further out (Lover's Lane and the Tollway) and are you looking for only a lunch place?

ETA: Though Rouge, also, is plagued by a lack of business, or was when we went.

Edited by Kevin72 (log)

A friend mentioned to me that Rouge looks like it is dead early in the evening, because it is european and more of a late evening place. This may be true for De Tapas and Cafe Madrid as well.

Yep could be the case all though I must say it had an ah... intestesting smell :shock: not in a good way.

Never trust a skinny chef

For non-Spanish, you could try Americas Latin Cuisine & Tapas on McKinney and Allen.

I ate there once on a Wednesday, when certain dishes are half off. The food was good, simlar to what you'd find at Gloria's. They have a mixed menu of tapas and full entrees. The atmosphere was somewhere between casual and fine dining, but there was not much of the snotty Uptown vibe.