• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Where to find a tortilla press around Vancouver?

How about Continental foods on Hastings, and Clark.

Where exactly is Continental Foods? I pass that intersection all the time on the way to Fujiya and don't recall seeing this place. Is it in the same block as Gourmet Warehouse? What else do they carry?

Baker of "impaired" cakes...

How about Continental foods on Hastings, and Clark.

Where exactly is Continental Foods? I pass that intersection all the time on the way to Fujiya and don't recall seeing this place. Is it in the same block as Gourmet Warehouse? What else do they carry?

I'm sorry, I meant Gourmet wharehouse. Continental foods is the name of the parent company of Gourmet wharehouse run by the husband. I suspect it is still where Gourmet wharehouse used to be on Pandora. At 9:56 in the morn this waiter is still a bit foggy

I'm sorry, I meant Gourmet wharehouse.  Continental foods is the name of the parent company of Gourmet wharehouse run by the husband.  I suspect it is still where Gourmet wharehouse used to be on Pandora.  At 9:56 in the morn this waiter is still a bit foggy

Thanks for the clarification. For a moment there, you had me drooling in anticipation at the thought of a hispanic grocery nearby. :biggrin:

Baker of "impaired" cakes...

My wife and I like to make tortillas, but it's difficult without a proper press.  Has anyone seen such a thing for sale in Vancouver?

Thanks

There is a Canadian web site located in Ontario that sells Tortilla presses for 20.00 that someone I know says work quite well. She got it from this site.

http://www.goldaskitchen.com/ The nice thing about this web site supplier of course is that its in Canadian dollars. Even though the dollar is doing well , it still makes a difference I find. I buy on eBay and find that they do not seem to give the favourable rate. Anyway, hope this helps if you cannot find something you can just pick up.

Samasutra

Never met a vegetable I never liked except well okra!

• 9 months later...

We ended up getting a nice, heavy tortilla press at the Que Pasa store in Richmond. It was under $20 for a good-sized cast-iron (aluminum coated) one. Works very well.

Thanks again for your suggestions.