• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hidemi Sugino books

jergra

Does anyone know where or if there is a copy of le gout authentique retrouve by Hidemi Sugino?

thanks,

Jeremy Shapiro

http://forums.egullet.org/index.php?act=Po...#12483;ク

If you are in the states, go to www.kinokuniya.com and order it from them. They will be able to send it to you. The ASBN number is 4388058122 or 杉野英実のデザートブック. Hidemi Sugino in Japanese is 杉野英実

The book is in Japanese, but comes with step by step pix. Recipe ingredients are also listed in french, so it should not be a problem to get the most important part.

Find the one nearest to you and call them http://www.kinokuniya.co.jp/english/contents/network04.html

Or....if you have any mates going to Japan, ask them to pick it up for you at Hidemi Sugino's place in Tokyo. His place is about 5 mins walk from Ginza 1-chome and though not the easiest to find, isn't the hardest either. If you need directions, just lemme know. Don't be an idiot and go all the way to Kobe to find him when he closed down there a few years ago to move to Tokyo!

If your mate wants to try anything at all....I'd suggest being there at 10am, when they open, coz they will sell out everything within the hour. He limits supply to drive demand up, coz he has a huge 2nd floor bakery that does wholesale and c'mon............I bet he can churn out a few more.

Any questions, just lemme know and I'll try my best to answer them for you.

So, which book is jergra referring to? :blink:

le gout authentique retrouve

This is the same one nightscotsman linked to in his post above (if you click on the amazon link, then click on the picture of that book to enlarge it, you can see the French title as the subtitle).