• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Restaurant Terraces for Summer Dining

Freckles

Wednesday's Figaroscope gave its list of terrace restos for this summer:

Le Saut de Loup

Fontaine Gaillon

Lena & Mimile

J'Go

La Cigale Recamier

Cour jardin du Plaza

Flora Danica

Cafe LeNotre

Laurent

Cafe Guitry

L'Art H, 34 rue Sainte Marthe in the 10th, 01.53.19.04.14, closed Sunday and Monday night, a la carte 30 €,

Le Tir aux pigeons, restaurant of the Cercle sportif in the Bois de Boulogne, now open to the public, route de l’Etoile, 16th, 01.40.67.95.44, only at lunch in the summer, save Mondays, a la carte 45-60 €,

Jardins plein ciel du Raphael

Le Roland Garros

Bagatelle

Tokyo Eat

La Gare

Bistrot des Dames, in the Hotel Eldorado, 18, rue des Dames in the 17th, 01.45.22.13.42, open all summer, a la carte 30-35 €,

Le Diapason

Da Vincenzo Cozzoli in the Buttes-Chaumont.

John Talbott

blog John Talbott's Paris

• 2 weeks later...

Since this is the closest we have to a "hidden garden" resto topic, I'll add a few places in the article in the NYT on the "Hidden Gardens of Paris" June 29th by Elaine Sciolino:

La Maison de l’Amérique Latine

Les Jardins de Bagatelle

Le Chalet des Îles

Le Saut du Loup

La Muscade

Café Lenôtre.

John Talbott

More from Jean Claude Ribaut in Le Monde:

L'Absinthe.

La Butte Chaillot.

Caves Pétrissans.

Au Moulin de la Galette.

La Cour Jardin.

Laurent.

La Grande Cascade.

Le Pré Catelan.

Lasserre.

Les Ombres.

Pasco.

Mavrommatis.

Le Père Lapin.

Le Coq de la Maison Blanche.

Lao Tseu.

Chez Vong.

John Talbott

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I am planning a visit to Paris in October (approx. 8-24 or so), and somewhat related to this topic, are there recommendations for restaurants with nice views of fall foliage (assuming that there will be fall foliage during this period in October)? I am probably interested in indoor dining, unless it ends up being unseasonably warm or the terrace is heated. Would any of the Bois de Boulogne restaurants be a good choice?

I am planning a visit to Paris in October (approx. 8-24 or so), and somewhat related to this topic, are there recommendations for restaurants with nice views of fall foliage (assuming that there will be fall foliage during this period in October)?  I am probably interested in indoor dining, unless it ends up being unseasonably warm or the terrace is heated.  Would any of the Bois de Boulogne restaurants be a good choice?

Holly,

I think I know where you might be staying..if so, and fall is in the air in Paris, you should have some pretty colorful views!

I have a feeling that you could put together something pretty special for dining. You could also get a bit of help from Dubernet and/or Davoli, in your neighborhood.

Parisian friends have said it has been a cool and wet summer, but is nice now. Hard to tell what October will be like..anything from quite warm to quite chilly.

You may have to play it by ear for dining terraces with color.

Enjoy your planning...

Joan