• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

La Folie or Fleur de Lys?

dvs

There is no real difference between the two - same quality, same price range. Fleur de Lys has a more Frenchy feel to the dining room, while La Folie is in a more modern setting. Choose from that...

I do love La Folie...it has a very personal feel to it. I've described this before, but will mention again how cool they were last Nov., when we celebrated my friend's b-day. I called and talked to Chef Passot, told him my friend's food-favorites, and my price-range, and he prepared a special 6-course menu. This was just for 3 people, which I thought was very nice since they weren't going to make a huge tab off us. Also, I like that they have a little sense of humor. I'd wanted souflles for dessert which are not on the menu; they'd regretfully said it wasn't possible. So, then we get souflees! and Passot is standing there grinning, saying, "I lied to you, hee hee."

I'm sure Fleur de Lys has their deservedly devoted loyalists but this is my 2 cents. Have fun!

My fantasy? Easy -- the Simpsons versus the Flanders on Hell's Kitchen.

thanks for all the replies! the visit will have to wait until sometime in july (and it looks like la folie will win out)...

going local instead to redd... will report back.