• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

15 ria

getxo

On a surprise visit to DC, I have made a dinner reservation at 15 ria which is close to the hotel I'm staying at, in downtown DC.

Has anyone eaten at this restaurant under the new chef?

Any ideas for ordering would be greatly appreciated.

I haven't been to this restaurant since Chef Jamie Leeds left (and even before she left, I never ate anything I was eager to return for - I thought it was OK and the space was so bland and boring). Is there a reason you chose 15 r.i.a. over all of our other wonderful D.C. restaurants? I don't have any reason to dissaude you, however I can't encourage you either.

Edited by JennyUptown (log)

Thanks Jenny.

Don't really know the DC food scene, so excuse my poor choice. Only did it because of location to client's office. Will try to get a table at another restaurant in the area.

I've always wanted to visit 2 AMYS but heard there are too many screaming kids.

Had a bad experience with La Taberna del Alabardero on my last business visit.

I might give Nora's a try.

Best regards.

" Had a bad experience with La Taberna del Alabardero on my last business visit.

I might give Nora's a try."

"The word" is that Asia Nora is now performing more consistently and better than the original, Restaurant Nora. Except for overly salty soft shell crabs at Nora about 1 1/2 years ago, we've had uniformly good experiences at both restaurants, so I'm not sure where the criticism of the Nora is coming from. But I'm happy to pass along this general wisdom to help you avoid another bad experience in DC restaurants.

What was wrong with your experience at Taberna?

Indy 67

Hi Indy67,

Great tip on Asia Nora. Will call to make reservations there and at Palena, which I have heard good things.

With respect to La Taberna, I try to avoid negative comments until I give it a second try. On the night that I dined there, however, the service was appalling.

If the food had been excellent, I might have been more understanding.