• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

What sauce should I make? Need quick input.

aidensnd2

Okay, I need some quick input on what a good sauce would be for my dessert special this weekend. I have chocolate tortellini filled with earl grey ganache served with caramel ice cream. The ganache is subtly flavored and the ice cream is a bit on the sweet side so I need a sauce that won't overwhelm anything nor add too much sweetness to the dish. I was thinking some sort of fruit, I'm just not sure what is going to work good with the earl grey.

Thanks in advance.

Dan

Earl Grey's got that sort of lemony thing going on with it. Does that inspire? Probably not lemons themselves - too pungent, perhaps - but maybe something soft and fresh and herby, like a lemon balm syrup?

Or maybe a gentle ginger syrup?

orange pekoe foam. steep the tea the cream. season the cream. lob in some butter. whiz a few times with a stick blender or a whisk. spoon on top. :smile:

does this come in pork?

My name's Emma Feigenbaum.

My recent fruit pairing for Earl Grey and chocolate is mango. The slight acidity and floral flavour of mango goes very well with both flavours.

Candy Wong

"With a name like Candy, I think I'm destined to make dessert."

Want to know more? Read all about me in my blog.

I ended up going with a mango anglaise with a touch of raspberry coulis mostly for color. Thanks ComeUndone

Luckylies- the foam sounded really good, unfortunately I had no orange pekoe available. I will be trying this soon though.

I think if I did it again I'd try something with blood oranges and lose the ice cream.