• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Vegetarian Restaurants

Amy Eber

Does anyone know of any good vegetarian restaurants in northern NJ? I am interested in non-Asian or Indian since we already have some favorites. More along the lines of some of the vegetarian dishes offered at Park and Orchard. We would love to find places similar to those we frequented when living in S.F. and Boulder, Colorado. Thanks.

There is a restaurant in Montclair called Fascino - They do a vegetarian tasting menu - We went about a month ago. It was fantastic - The polenta fries were to die for. This is more expensive than Park and Orchard but if you want to go somewhere nice and have more than vegetable stir fry it is well worth it. Sample tasting menu below - they are seasonal so some of the dishes may change.

http://www.fascinorestaurant.com/menu_pdfs...mplate(PDF).pdf

Does anyone know of any good vegetarian restaurants in northern NJ?  I am interested in non-Asian or Indian since we already have some favorites.  More along the lines of some of the vegetarian dishes offered at Park and Orchard.  We would love to find places similar to those we frequented when living in S.F. and Boulder, Colorado.  Thanks.

We have been to Fasicino a number of times and love it.

There was a raw food restaurant in Montclair that was at Taste of the Nation 2006 that had some really nice stuff:

http://local.yahoo.com/details?id=31871407

The Energy Bar

(973) 746-7003

307 Orange Rd

Montclair, NJ 07042

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

There is also a vegetarian restaurant on Valley Road across from the Kings Supermarket . ( On the corner). Haven't tried it, but have always been curious.

Isn't Evergreen in Montclair also vegetarian?

I think Park and Orchard in Rutherford is vegeterian restaurant.

Park & Orchard originally did not serve red meat but always served chicken and fish. Now they serve steak as well.

That being said, there are a lot of offerings for vegetarians.

Edited by Cleo (log)

It's called Veggie Heaven.

There is also a vegetarian restaurant on Valley Road across from the Kings Supermarket . ( On the corner).  Haven't tried it, but have always been curious. 

It's called Veggie Heaven.
There is also a vegetarian restaurant on Valley Road across from the Kings Supermarket . ( On the corner).  Haven't tried it, but have always been curious. 

Yes, that's the place. anyone been?

Haven't been to that location, but I was at the VH in Parsippany years ago. All of the protein was in quotation marks on the menu, i.e. General Tso's "Chicken," and "Pork" dumplings. :blink: Not for me, but the vegetarians seem to like it.

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

Haven't been to that location, but I was at the VH in Parsippany years ago.  All of the protein was in quotation marks on the menu, i.e. General Tso's "Chicken," and "Pork" dumplings.  :blink:  Not for me, but the vegetarians seem to like it.

I like to eat healthy, for the most part, and would like to try one of these places. I'm not really interested in eating their soy protein" chicken" or such..just plain ole veggies made a new and intersting way.

Most of us never eat enough !