• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Orange County Mexican

hhlodesign

Bummed I missed this thread....

Not sure if I am too late or not. A few quick ones.

Avila's El Ranchito (multiple locations) Full disclosure- the Avila family are close friends but I love their food.

I will also agree with las brisas, but a better bet in laguna is Javier's.

Taco Rosa in Newport Beach.

I will second Taco Mesa.

A lot depends on what type of place you want, small, divey or more of a restaurant. Definately something to consider in my opinion.

"A man's got to believe in something...I believe I'll have another drink." -W.C. Fields

• 2 weeks later...

Two favorites: Q Tortas on Bradford in downtown Placentia, with carnitas so supernal that long ago "the Q Tortas of fill-in-the-blank" entered our personal lexicon to describe anything, food or not, that is the absolute avatar of its category.

And Taqueria Guadalupana on Orange-Olive Road in Orange. I always get cabeza. SO good. They the men of the family get pastor, lengua, carnitas, sometimes also cabeza. Tortas, tacos, burritos -- we choose according to whim and current portability needs -- all excellent. The answer to "Everything?" is yes.

Priscilla

Writer, cook, & c. ●  Twitter