• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sign stands

SweetSide

For lack of a better place to post this (tell me where if it should be moved)....

I am looking for those little chrome stands (online) shaped like a harp or coil or clip, that hold the label of the dessert in the display case. I don't even know what the darn things are called generally, and I'm having a hard time finding them through Google.

HERE is the one place that I've found an assortment.

Anyone have a good place to find them, preferably a little cheaper than here?

Thanks!

Cheryl, The Sweet Side

I've had luck finding card holders for our display case at a regional restaurant supply house called Ace Mart. They're not as fancy as the one you linked to, but for $1.00, I'm not going to complain.

Clicky

Gear nerd and hash slinger

Wow, good thing I clicked through - I was going to suggest the Hubert catalog, but there they were in your link.

In a pinch, I have been able to find them at more upscale stationery stores, the ones that carry place cards and such. There are any number of "place card holders" that would fit the bill. Try a google search under that, and you're sure to find some nice ones online.

Places like Crate & Barrel and Pottery Barn carry some cute decorative ones from time to time. They're probably not NSF certified, but they look great...

Edited to add:

One Google search yielded these ideas:

Wedding place card holder ideas

Edited by lizard (log)

also at stationers and ikea (i think) are little metal cubes with a wire sticking out of the top with a clip on the end...they are cute and inexpensive as well as functional.

can't find a link right now, but i'll check.

edited to add: duh, your link didn't work right away, when i went back to check they have them on your site. but, hubert.com does seem a little more expensive than i remember seeing these things. you can check at restaurant supply houses.

Edited by alanamoana (log)

Thanks for the ideas! Just with some of your search words, I came up with several other places than the specific ones you mentioned. Now, we'll just have to decide which to go with.

And, no, we don't want to spend the $5 - $6 that hubert is charging. Sure, they are some of the nicer ones, but we want cheap, nice, and functional. No one should be staring at the clips -- just the desserts!

Cheryl, The Sweet Side