• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edwards, a bit of Cincinnati in NYC

Were you one of the opera-singing waiters and Trudie and Kurt's place ... what was that place, the German restuarant? 

Right now, I am ashamed of a certain (former) West Side girl. How could you forget the name of the Forest View?

<ducking>

Oh, geez. I'm ashamed of myself. Two rounds of "Edelweiss" (listening to it, I mean) should be penance enough, ya think?

"Oh, tuna. Tuna, tuna, tuna." -Andy Bernard, The Office

Were you one of the opera-singing waiters and Trudie and Kurt's place ... what was that place, the German restuarant? 

Right now, I am ashamed of a certain (former) West Side girl. How could you forget the name of the Forest View?

<ducking>

Oh, geez. I'm ashamed of myself. Two rounds of "Edelweiss" (listening to it, I mean) should be penance enough, ya think?

Not nearly penance enough. I have you down for performing in the Chicken Dance at Oktoberfest Zinzinnati in September

• 3 weeks later...

We went last night. The Cincinnati night menu is fairly short - just Skyline chili (3, 4 or 5 ways), Coneys, Montgomery Inn Ribs, LaRosa's pizza and 5 flavors of Graeters. As noted above, it's a bit pricey, but a great time overall. The regular menu is also available if someone wants to do the Cincy thing but their guests do not.

I want pancakes! God, do you people understand every language except English? Yo quiero pancakes! Donnez moi pancakes! Click click bloody click pancakes!