• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Lunch Picks in Horsehoe Bay Village or nearby

Hi Everyone,

I'm going to be going on an eco-tour from Horseshoe Bay Village today and will be looking for a really late lunch (3 pm) afterwards, and don't really know much about the area. I once ate at the Boathouse, and that's an option. Any body have any recommendations? Thanks!

Nancy

There isn't anything great. You mentioned Boathouse, there's a place called Bay Moorings which isn't quite as good as the Keg. Personally, if it were me, I would get a Oyster burger from Ya-Ya's Oyster Bar. Right near Trolls.

The sushi place isn't horrible, but it isn't fantastic either.

Mark.

Second that suggestion. A selection of baked oysters from Ya-Ya's Oyster Bar. Mix it up: a half-dozen of this, a half-dozen of that. Bottle of white wine. You're set.

Joie Alvaro Kent

"I like rice. Rice is great if you're hungry and want 2,000 of something." ~ Mitch Hedberg

Furry Creek Golf & Country Clubs Sea to Sky Grill has always been good.

On Highway 99, you will pass through Lions Bay and Porteau Cove. The next stop is the Oceanside Community of Furry Creek.

From Lions Bay, the drive is about 10 minutes. Follow signs to club house.

"I went to a restaurant that serves breakfast at anytime.

So I ordered French Toast during the Renaissance".

Steven Wright

Thanks Everyone for your help!

I did wind up going to Ya Ya's and had a nice time. We went for deep fried oysters, oyster platter (1/2 dozen, each oyster having a different sauce, their dry ribs, and a fried feta and spinach salad). The different sauces were fun to sample, but almost all of them felt like too much, and seemed to take away from the oyster itself. My favourite thing wound up being the dry ribs. Had a blast on the boat ride too.

Nancy

bay mooring is no longer there. they did a renovation and changed into a "bar & grill". not sure how much the menus changed. all i can say is that they made hands down the best fucking hummus in the universe. the octopus was good too. and everything else like calamari, lamb shanks, all you typical greek stuff is as good as any other place.

bork bork bork