• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hi Sandra,

We buy most of our tomatoes from a farmer located in Pennsylvannia, named Tim Stark. His tomatoes are exploding with flavor this week and will continue through the month of August and, hopefully, into September.

So I would say you can't miss the dish entitled " Tomatoes!"

It consists of raw heirloom tomatoes marinated in tomato water, orange juice, with garlic oil and sherry vinegar as well as oven dried plum tomatoes, watermelon-tomato vinaigrette, pickled green tomatoes, upland cress and tomato-mint sorbet.

We could also include that dish in a tasting menu which may really be the best way to experience Blue Hill and certainly our favorite way to make new friends.

Thanks for showing interest in the restaurant and see you soon!

Mike

And, to follow up on Nina's question, do you allow diners any flexibility in terms of specifying requirements of a tasting menu (for example,no tomatoes, or vegetarian, or friendly to a particular type of wine, etc.?)

We had a thread a while back on accomodating diners' preferences in such situations versus keeping the kitchen running relatively smoothly and it would be interesting to hear how you approach the problem.

I'll try to answer both Nina and Jordyn together.

We offer a tasting menu that includes three savory courses and two dessert courses for $ 65.00. You can choose to have wines paired with the each course for an additional $ 30.00. Yes, we will accomodate all dietary restrictions and try to be as flexible as possible when considering guests personal requests and tastes.

Our approach is to personalize the customers' dining experience as much as we possibly can. We change the tasting menu daily and I find that is one of the most exciting sources of inspiration for us.

Hope you will give it a try.

Mike