• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

warm chocolate self saucing pudding

cookaburra

I want to put a warm chocolate self saucing pudding/molten cake/souffle pudding on my cafe menu for this coming Winter in Australia.You know the kind with the soft saucy centre.Is there any difference in the names of these cakes or is it all the same sort of thing , just that different people call it a different thing?

As I am the only chef in the cafe, my time in prep and service time is limited,so I want to keep it simple, but delicious both in taste and texture.

I want to be able to have a product that I can freeze and take straight from the freezer to the oven and be ready in about 10 minutes after the order comes in.Is this possible?The other option I would consider would be to have the 1/2 baked cake in the fridge, ready for heating.

I have 150ml souffle ramekin moulds and hope I can use these in the recipe.

Molten Chocolate Cakes

This is but one of many threads on this subject.

Try the search engine at the bottom of the "main" P&B page (listing the threads) and write in Molten Chocolate Cakes and you'll get a ton of threads over a few pages.

It may seem like a bit of an effort but the results will be good, I'm sure.

Good Luck

2317/5000

This is the recipe from Otto Ristorante, Sydney. A friend worked there and gleaned this recipe.

Double grease about 10 dariole moulds and line with a disc of ggp.

Melt 250g butter and 250g chocolate.

In another bowl whisk 125g caster sugar with 8 yolks and 5 eggs.

Combine the chocolate mixture with the sugar and egg mixture and fold in 65g SR flour.

Cook at 180 celcius for about 12 minutes or until just set. These can be kept in the fridge uncooked or even frozen. If frozen, alter the cooking time slightly.

This is the recipe from Otto Ristorante, Sydney. A friend worked there and gleaned this recipe.

Combine the chocolate mixture with the sugar and egg mixture and fold in 65g SR flour.

Cook at 180 celcius for about 12 minutes or until just set. These can be kept in the fridge uncooked or even frozen. If frozen, alter the cooking time slightly.

Forgive me, but what is ggp?

Don't waste your time or time will waste you - Muse

Thanks Mandarin.I'll try that one.

Molten Chocolate Cakes

This is but one of many threads on this subject.

Try the search engine at the bottom of the "main" P&B  page (listing the threads) and write in Molten Chocolate Cakes and you'll get a ton of threads over a few pages.

It may seem like a bit of an effort but the results will be good, I'm sure.

Good Luck

thanks for the suggestion.I'm new to this site so I'm slowly finding my way around it.I shall check out the search engine.