• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Disposable Pastry Bags - Do you like?

• 7 months later...

I use the Kee-Seal bags, too, and I noticed that their web site has online sales (www.keeseal.com) for bags that cost a fraction of what you’ll pay at a retail store; though you have to buy a case to get that price.

So my question is: has anyone used their Economy line? I use the disposables to fill chocolates with ganache and if the Economy line will do, I can save some bucks.

Thanks in advance.

John DePaula
formerly of DePaula Confections
Hand-crafted artisanal chocolates & gourmet confections - …Because Pleasure Matters…
--------------------
When asked “What are the secrets of good cooking? Escoffier replied, “There are three: butter, butter and butter.”

John, as stated above, I love Kee-Seal bags. I've never tried their economy line. It does look as if they'd be perfect for what you're using them for. I find that the standard one I buy is overkill for most of the things I'm piping.

Thanks for pointing out their new feature of being able to purchase directly from them.

John, as stated above, I love Kee-Seal bags.  I've never tried their economy line.  It does look as if they'd be perfect for what you're using them for.  I find that the standard one I buy is overkill for most of the things I'm piping.

Thanks for pointing out their new feature of being able to purchase directly from them.

Thanks, Alana. I thought you might know the skinny on this! :biggrin:

John DePaula
formerly of DePaula Confections
Hand-crafted artisanal chocolates & gourmet confections - …Because Pleasure Matters…
--------------------
When asked “What are the secrets of good cooking? Escoffier replied, “There are three: butter, butter and butter.”

I like the disposables because you always have them on hand. Convenience factor is high.

However, I've been on the other end of trying to pipe something warm/hot out of them (duchesse, twice-baked potatoes) and the heat stretches the bag out at the tip, causing blowouts and sometimes second degree burns. I try to stick to canvas and do a good job maintaining it (nothing worse than a mildew smelling pastry bag when you need it).