• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Heirloom tomatoes

This place is in Rosemont, which is not Northern NJ but worth the trip. Locktown is about 10 minutes from Flemington and 10 minutes from Frenchtown. They are the largest growers of chili plants in the country, and have over 130 different types of heirloom tomatoes! They also have many types of asian eggplants.

Cross Country Nurseries

199 Kingwood-Locktown Road

Rosemont, NJ

908-996-4646

www.chileplants.com

I highly reccomend Cross Country, their variety of chile plants and tomatoes is staggering. If you don't want to drive all the way down there, she'll ship you the seedlings in a box overnight. I've done that before with them and it works out quite well.

Edited by Jason Perlow (log)

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

I just got back from Home Depot, the nursery store there had a good number of heirlooms as well.

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

Thank you everyone.

edit: Searching online, I found this place that has a HUGE selection of heirloom tomato seedlings...with sales coming up in various locations in the next few weeks.

Edited by pete ganz (log)