• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Norman's

JWest

Anyone hear about his loacation in Coral Gables Closing? Will they be moving it anywhere else? Also, what does everyone think about his restaurants?

"cuisine is the greatest form of art to touch a human's instinct" - chairman kaga

It closed? i thought this was supposed to be one of the best places in florida. i was there a few years ago with 3 friends. we ordered a tremendous amount of food and basically none of us were impressed with anything. especially the service. they really liked to clear setting while others were still eating.

Well I hear they are selling there Coral Gables Location... wow Im suprised you didnt have a good meal there! I've only heard good things... its good to see mixed reviews though.

"cuisine is the greatest form of art to touch a human's instinct" - chairman kaga

I've been there a couple of times and really liked it. I thought the menu was creative and tasty. My husband was working for a wine broker last year and they had their holiday party there. His company provided the wines and they did a great job pairing them. Everything was really spectacular.

I have some other foodie friends who think Norman's is the best restaurant in Miami, but one of my friends cannot stand it. Go figure.

"God give us good taste, why bother?" Captain Jim's Sushi Chef

• 3 weeks later...

I had no idea they were closing.

I had one meal there, about 2 months ago, that wasn't very tasty at all. It's not that it was bad, it just seemed that they had forgotten to season the dish (a spicy fish dish with zero spice, and zero salt for that matter). Very creative menu though, perhaps they had an off night as my wife's meal was good. Not the best meal I've had in Miami for sure, that would be the meal we had at Michy's.

I wonder what will replace it...

Well I hear they are selling there Coral Gables Location... wow Im suprised you didnt have a good meal there! I've only heard good things... its good to see mixed reviews though.

Where did you hear/see that? I can't find any news of what you say anywhere. Robyn

Where did you hear/see that? I can't find any news of what you say anywhere. Robyn

A lady told me over the phone in a brief conversation... I said something about wanting to eat there sometime this fall and she mentioned that they were selling that location. Not sure about anything else though.