• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Bundt Pans: Everything About Them

Manoras

well, I am a convert to the fancy Wilton bundt pans--I got a brand new fiesta party bundt pan at my local thrift for $2 on Sat!!!! I would guess a Christmas gift that was donated.

So I read this thread in preparation----I was nervous about it releasing, but the cake came out absolutely perfect--and thanks, Squirrelly Cakes, for the tip on the recipes at the W-S site--I made the Sour Cream Chocolate cake and it was fantastic--real chocolate flavor as you said. I am going to work my way through the different recipes there.

I made the Double Apple cake from Baking From My Home.... last week in my old bundt pan, and didn't love it--it didn't have tons of flavor and it seemed a little soggy in the middle, so was willing to try another source for a recipe

It did rise very high--over the top of the pan, and sort of covered the tube hole--I thought for sure it would stick, but no--didn't have to tap or bang or anything. I sprayed it with release spray and floured it--I was sure that I wouldn't get all the little crevices if I attempted to grease it by hand.

I don't like the glaze--it was sort of like a glazed donut, so the next time I'll just dust it with powdered sugar--I served the Burnt Sugar ice cream from Baking with it--a knock out combo--everyone loved it--and my SIL already wants to borrow the pan.

Zoe

I have a star bundt pan, individual bundt pans, a bundtlette pan (slightly larger than a mini muffin). I really like the bundtlette pan, it's good for cake and also makes nice brownies. I don't have any problems with the cakes releasing from the pans, and I use a flour/oil spray.

When I have extra batter I generally bake it in a loaf pan.

I wish people would post pictures of their bundts, the old pans are charming and the new pans are very clever.

I'll start.

A bride wanted fleur de lis featured in her wedding so we made a chocolate groom's cake in the fleur de lis pan, glazed it with ganache, and molded bittersweet and milk chocolate fleur de lis to pile around it.

gallery_8512_4054_436120.jpg