• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

anyone have freezer horror stories?

xdrixn

Or are you talking about cutting up bodies and storing them in freezers?? I am quite worried about the reply. :hmmm:

Edited to add:

After looking at your homepage maybe your freezer conspiracy theories have to do with the melting of your wonderful dessert creations. They look delicious and I am sure any outer space alien would appreciate them. :laugh:

Edited by Taubear (log)

Smell and taste are in fact but a single composite sense, whose laboratory is the mouth and its chimney the nose. - Anthelme Brillat-Savarin

I never really thought too much about it but the freezer is the most precarious piece of equipment in the kitchen. My previous position of four years we had some issues with overfilling the walk-in freezer which often caused ice build up behind the condensor. On another occasion the floor from above leaked causing a complete shutdown of the freezer. My new job had another condensor issue on an upright traulsen freezer. Our maintenance guy suggested I out an air filter in front of the condensor to minimize the debris and maximize the airflow. It astonishes me that I didn't learn this earlier. I had a request for a ice cream cake for 18 people. On all the days the freezer could have went down it chose today. Curoius?

www.adrianvasquez.net