• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Jean-Paul Hèvin Experience

cabrales

It was the Jean-Paul Hévin shop on the avenue de la Motte Picquet.

Wow, really? I've seen some attitude at the place near Madeleine, but not at that small shop.

My tutor's flat was across the street from that place last summer. I used to go in quite often. I even took a bunch of photos once...unfortunately none came out well because of the weird green/yellow interior lighting.

The lady there went out of her way to wrap stuff and create special boxes for me once when I was buying quite a bunch for gifts....

It can't be the same person, perhaps they have a personnel change...

chez pim

not an arbiter of taste

It can't be the same person, perhaps they have a personnel change...

In the category "snotty chocolate vendors", one lady at Debauve & Galais, rue du Bac, wins the prize thumbs up.

At least she did last year when I dropped in; maybe in the meantime she has found a new job at Jean-Paul Hévin.