• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Wine Blogging Wednesday

Rebel Rose

I've been meaning to ask if anyone has participated in Wine Blogging Wednesday, a theme-based open wine tasting and commentary, but I have not checked the site recently, so imagine my surprise to find a . . .

Wine and food cookoff! A blend of the ongoing Wine Blogging Wednesday and Is My Blog Burning?:

The Internet's premier food blogging event, Is My Blog Burning? has inspired an ever-growing number of culinary blog events, including the world's most popular virtual wine tasting Wine Blogging Wednesday.

So, it was only a matter of time before the two culinary juggernauts joined forces to create the ultimate culinary blogging event.

It is with great pleasure and excitement that IMBB's founder, Alberto and I announce that we are co-hosting the May editions of IMBB and WBW.

The dual theme?

It's the Fabulous Favorites Festival and it's taking place on Friday May 19 on a blog near you.

What is the Fabulous Favorites Festival exactly? It's a food and wine pairing event that, we hope, will attract the largest group of participants ever for any culinary blog event. For this one day at least, food bloggers will be "forced" to dive into the wine pool, while wine bloggers will have to uncork their cooking skills . . .

Mary Baker

Solid Communications

Find me on Facebook

I do from time to time.

You know, that guy called Alberto who started this whole madness of food and wine blogging events is... ehm, yours truly :rolleyes:.

Il Forno: eating, drinking, baking... mostly side effect free. Italian food from an Italian kitchen.

Hah! I thought so! Alberto, how can a distinguished and gracious gentleman such as yourself conceive of these wild, unsupervised wine and food blogging adventures? You have a secret side to you, no?

After the Fabulous Favorites Festival, everyone may start referring to you as 'Fabio' . . . :cool::wub:

Mary Baker

Solid Communications

Find me on Facebook

i occasionally dip into WBW by request, but never quite figured out how to get myself into the loop on a regular basis. being, y'know, a slacker blogger and all. any words of wisdom, Alberto?

Hah!  I thought so!  Alberto, how can a distinguished and gracious gentleman such as yourself conceive of these wild, unsupervised wine and food blogging adventures?  You have a secret side to you, no?

Who hasn't? Yet, what seems like an unsupervised blogging adventure has quita a lot of work behind it. Keeping up with who is hosting next month and co-ordinating themes is the easy part (yet not screw-ups free), but whoever is hosting has quite a bit of work to do with those roundups. Sure the posts can be quite freely connected to the original theme for each event, but that was more or less the idea behind it from the start: let people have fun, just like our cook-offs. I guess it tickles that Italian part of me that loves sitting at a table with a bunch of friends eating AND chatting about food and wine without any constrain.

After the Fabulous Favorites Festival, everyone may start referring to you as 'Fabio' . . .  :cool:  :wub:

I might let my hair grow, but I doubt I can do much about the body shape :raz: !

i occasionally dip into WBW by request, but never quite figured out how to get myself into the loop on a regular basis.  being, y'know, a slacker blogger and all. any words of wisdom, Alberto?

I'm not sure if you're asking about how to keep updated on the upcoming events or how to host one. Still, I no damage in answering both :smile: .

The IsMyBlogBurnig.com website (which I do not run BTW) has a running calendar with all the upcoming food/wine blogging events, WBW included. If you instead wanted to know how to host one of these events on your blog, I suppose you should get in touch with Lenn at Lenndevours. I think he organises the hosting plan, like I do for IMBB?.

Il Forno: eating, drinking, baking... mostly side effect free. Italian food from an Italian kitchen.

The IsMyBlogBurnig.com website (which I do not run BTW) has a running calendar with all the upcoming food/wine blogging events, WBW included. If you instead wanted to know how to host one of these events on your blog, I suppose you should get in touch with Lenn at Lenndevours. I think he organises the hosting plan, like I do for IMBB?.

thanks! i occasionally check IMBB, but not nearly enough. and need to pester Lenn anyway ...