• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

eG Foodblogs: Coming Attractions

Mmm, no guesses last time... Perhaps I should give a few more clues this time.

For the next blog, I will tell you in what direction we travel, easternly, but I will not tell you how many states away it is. Again the eG blogger lives in a small town. In this tiny town she lives with her family and she educates a variety of people about a variety of topics, including cooking. She will tell us why the chicken is dancing, and explain the “grocery store” in her basement.

gallery_13038_3107_108885.jpg

gallery_13038_3107_130279.jpg

Purplewiz will blog on through Sunday night, 25 June, and the next blogger will begin hers on Monday, 26 June. Then, for a while, a new eG foodblog will begin every Monday. We will leave the U.S. one of these times, which will very pleasantly add to the variety of blogs, but the international travel will not start within the next few weeks.

A bonus sneak preview... Beginning 3 July the blogger will chronicle attempts to feed the family with food grown only within 100 miles of their hometown, and the following week the blogger will do some eating at New York City's Restaurant Week!

Life is short; eat the cheese course first.

:smile: Yes, it was Durham, as you now know. And, oh what a good one it is. And, we are all fired up for another good one!

gallery_13038_3107_31587.jpg

As I mentioned, the next eG foodblogger will include eating at New York City's Restaurant Week. That means, of course, we are traveling north. We will read about more food than dining out food and more food than New York City's food. This blog will be a feast for your eyes.

It begins on Monday, 10 July and concludes late Sunday, 16 July.

Megan, you were right on it, for the current blog. You're good.

I was going to give two clues for the next one, but I think they both would surely give it away. Instead, clue enough is going to be something in the photo -- something red and white in the photo. Maybe I'll come back tomorrow with another hint. :wink:

gallery_13038_3107_149486.jpg

We have been on a roll with excellent bloggers, and so it continues. The next eG foodblog starts Monday 17 July and runs through Saturday 22nd July.

That picture looks like the maritimes to my eye - perhaps Shaya?

Cutting the lemon/the knife/leaves a little cathedral:/alcoves unguessed by the eye/that open acidulous glass/to the light; topazes/riding the droplets,/altars,/aromatic facades. - Ode to a Lemon, Pablo Neruda

Hmmm. The boats look like the Maritimes, but the mountains don't....unless it's Newfoundland somewhere. But my money's on the West Coast.

I missed the mountains somehow - darn, the west coast's lovely but I'd been hoping for an east coast blog (especially since I'll be in Nova Scotia in a fortnight)

Unless we have a newfie on the board - a summer blog from Newfoundland would be fantastic

Cutting the lemon/the knife/leaves a little cathedral:/alcoves unguessed by the eye/that open acidulous glass/to the light; topazes/riding the droplets,/altars,/aromatic facades. - Ode to a Lemon, Pablo Neruda

I have good news and bad news. Let's get the bad news over with first. The bad news is Ann's beautiful blog ends late tonight, her time. The good news is another blog starts tomorrow, Sunday, 23 July 2006. It promises to be another fun and fantastic feature.

Some hints: We will not leave North America, but the blog involves travel. It features the return of one of our favorite eG foodbloggers. And, take a look at this photo full of hints... From Kraft mac & cheese to a fine looking bag of premium rice, what a variety!

gallery_13038_3107_19168.jpg

lesfen must be right! American-grown Japanese rice and but Japanese soy sauce (with kana on the label), Middle Eastern goods for her to bring back to Japan, Kraft Mac and Cheese for the kids, Sweet and Low and cake mixes (hard to find in Japan) and the biggest hint of all...

Kosher salt!!

But what's up with the Maxwell House?

And as nakji points out, you can see the Great Lakes. torakris should be back home in Ohio right now--that's near one of the Great Lakes, isn't it?

lesfen must be right!  American-grown Japanese rice and but Japanese soy sauce (with kana on the label), Middle Eastern goods for her to bring back to Japan, Kraft Mac and Cheese for the kids, Sweet and Low and cake mixes (hard to find in Japan) and the biggest hint of all...

Kosher salt!!

But what's up with the Maxwell House?

And as nakji points out, you can see the Great Lakes.  torakris should be back home in Ohio right now--that's near one of the Great Lakes, isn't it?

It was the "Giant Eagle" products. Local grocery chain. :laugh:

gallery_13038_3107_41003.jpg

gallery_13038_3107_96909.jpg

One is from the country. One is from the city. Our next eG foodblog is a tag team blog! They are friends who met right here at the eG Forums; in fact, how they met is related to eG foodblogging.

Kris's blog will conclude Saturday night, and the next will begin Sunday, 30 July 2006.

gallery_13038_3107_41003.jpg

gallery_13038_3107_96909.jpg

One is from the country.  One is from the city.  Our next eG foodblog is a tag team blog!  They are friends who met right here at the eG Forums; in fact, how they met is related to eG foodblogging.

Kris's blog will conclude Saturday night, and the next will begin Sunday, 30 July 2006.

Jen and Therese?

Our tag team foodblog officially ends late tomorrow night, 5 August 2006. However, there will be a special one-day extension for additional photos to be posted by CaliPoutine after she returns home, and for closing comments and thanks.

The next eG foodblog runs from Sunday the 6th through Saturday the 12th. There is not much I can say that will not give this one away. We will be leaving North America this time, and traveling to the other side of the world. Be on the lookout for the start of this one. It is guaranteed to please!

gallery_13038_3107_81742.jpg

gallery_13038_3107_88661.jpg

gallery_13038_3107_111899.jpg

Well, there's a package with Cyrillic lettering in one of the pictures, so I'm going to guess Russia for starters...

Sandy Smith, Exile on Oxford Circle, Philadelphia

"95% of success in life is showing up." --Woody Allen

My foodblogs: 1 | 2 | 3