• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

eG Foodblogs: Coming Attractions

Is there someone (?named Ann?)on the dinner thread who lives on an island up in the PNW? Or perhaps its Abra?

"You dont know everything in the world! You just know how to read!" -an ah-hah! moment for 6-yr old Miss O.

• 2 weeks later...

Tomorrow, we'll leave North America and travel far, far away.

And, while I'm not positive, I think we've only had one blog from this country and it was a long time ago.

And, to make the guessing even more difficult, our next blogger will be on vacation here, so it's not their normal home.

gallery_6263_3_26804.jpg

Susan Fahning aka "snowangel"

I first thought was SE Asia, and I found that Melkor once did a foodblog from Cambodia, but I can't remember anyone mentioning a visit to Cambodia recently.

Then I thought perhaps Australia, knowing that Shalmanese is back there for a bit during his holidays from college. The clue would be a bit misleading, though, since Australia is really his home, and (afaik), he is only in the US for his studies.

This is a difficult one!

We continue on our journey around the world.

gallery_28661_4804_4291.jpg

gallery_28661_4804_8416.jpg

I must say that this second post has me puzzled. My husband has noted a wood screw and a couple of clamps.

But, where will we visit?

I say it's Ed!

Except the church in Zanco di Villadeati is taller, according to his pictures.

If it is Ed, this foodblog could be unprecedented... This from him when I asked if the house he's renovating there is haunted:

I just hope it's a ghost that likes to cook. I can see my next blog now... Swiss-Chef cooks with the dead!

"I took the habit of asking Pierre to bring me whatever looks good today and he would bring out the most wonderful things," - bleudauvergne

foodblogs: Dining Downeast I - Dining Downeast II

Portland Food Map.com

Phew. I think I have jet lag from our foodblog travels.

But, next week, we return to the US.

gallery_6263_3_6766.jpg

What do you suppose s/he uses these for?

And, to give you a geographical "non-clue"...

gallery_6263_3_28426.jpg

The big clue is that s/he lives in a Big City. Let's see if I can't surprise you yet again!

Starting Monday, the 16th, we stay in North America, but work our way south and west, y'all. Perhaps we'll see some BBQ.

gallery_28661_4880_26704.jpg

Waiter, is that a fly in his/her soup?

Who has beehives? Who just LIKES honey?

As in catching-more-flies-than-vinegar?

I dunno, but the little punny tableau was enticing. :raz:

Or perhaps I'm completely out in left field---the right one DOES have a liquid level, whereas the left has a little scallop on the edge as might a THICK substance. YEARS of living with a BEEman surely can't have steered me wrong, can they?

ETA---Tuesday a.m.--- in the rain: How did I MISS the start of the blog? Which leaves me way behind, needing to apologize for my mis-step.

A good guess this far after other people is like trying to buy the lottery numbers after they're drawn---right, but lame and late.

Sorry. My heart's in the right place---it's just my MIND that's absent most of the time.

rachel

waving from the handbasket and vanishing in a puff of smoke

Edited by racheld (log)

Our next blog starts on Monday, July 23 and takes us just a little bit north, to America's breadbasket:

gallery_28660_4896_59377.jpg

Looks like we'll see either a garden or a CSA box!

gallery_28660_4896_203605.jpg

According to my four seconds of online research, that building is in Kansas City, Missouri.

What's a CSA box?

Peter Gamble aka "Peter the eater"

I just made a cornish game hen with chestnut stuffing. . .

Would you believe a pigeon stuffed with spam? . . .

Would you believe a rat filled with cough drops?

Moe Sizlack