• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

eG Foodblogs: Coming Attractions

Assuming it's UK plus experimenting young'uns in the Chinese forum, we get Prawncracker who's in Birmingham.

Oops...Prawncracker's doing the siu yuk, and origamicrane is doing the roast duck? Or vice versa? I vote for whichever one is the siu yuk king.

snowangel, is this a current photo or not?

Hmmm. I'm not sure, but I do know all will be revealed tomorrow. You are all like little kids when the presents first appear under the tree!

Susan Fahning aka "snowangel"

Our next foodblog starts tomorrow, and I don't think we'll be traveling half way around the world.

gallery_28661_5901_157823.jpg

gallery_28661_5901_25997.jpg

Since the first photo might be revealing as to the location of this blog, start guessing as to the identify!

Susan Fahning aka "snowangel"

I haven't been around enough to be able to make even an uneducated guess, but I'm looking forward to finding out who it is. This person and I have quite a few cookbooks in common.

Life is short; eat the cheese course first.

Looks like Prague to me....

tracey

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association

• 1 month later...

A new foodblog will begin next week, just in time for the beginning of summer. Here's a preview.

Probably not too difficult to guess the location:

gallery_1890_1967_82673.jpg

But maybe not so easy to guess the blogger:

gallery_1890_1967_263790.jpg

Hmm.. Who's a cheese head in France? David Hatfield?

Well, I'm not real well-travelled, but based on the street signs and automobile types, I'd guess we're still in the U.S.

ETA: My guess is that is the New York Washington Square arch.

Edited by Chris Hennes (log)

Chris Hennes
Director of Operations
chennes@egullet.org

My money is on gariotin! Anyone who is going to feature some cheeses is a gouda choice in my book!

East coast... I don't know enough about soapstone to know if that's a soapstone counter... was active in Dave Hatfield's blog and JohnnyD's blog...

(Not that I'm a stalker or anything :cool: )

Definitely New York, I can see the license plates. Plus the street sign on the left says Washington (something).

"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast" - Oscar Wilde

But maybe not so easy to guess the blogger:

gallery_1890_1967_263790.jpg

I just want to know what it all IS---I want it to be grapes in a port sauce, honey (lavender---do I see blossoms?), and poached quince would be nice, but it's not quite the right color. Candied orange in syrup, maybe?

I won't begin to try to name the cheeses.

Hmm.. Who's a cheese head in France? David Hatfield?

ETA: My guess is that is the New York Washington Square arch.

Oh, it's totally the Washington Square Arch. In fact, if memory serves me right, the photo POV is looking southbound down 5th Avenue into the north side of the park--a particularly lovely way to approach the arch, and the park.

No clue about the blogger, but that snippet of counter and woodwork reminds me strenuously of certain older East coast apartment/kitchen interiors I have known. :biggrin:

(I was totally understanding--and patient--about the blogging hiatus, but there's no denying I'm glad to see a new blog on the horizon. I must confess this has become my all-time favorite feature of eGullet.)

Edited by mizducky (log)