• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

eG Foodblogs: Coming Attractions

Snowangel:

You have what must be the HARDEST of all jobs on eG (no offense to anyone else :smile: )

I don't think we, the membership, thanks you nearly enough.. for my part, thanks a million .. foodblogs are what brought me into the society, and one of my favorite parts of my online life!

That being said, :hmmm: , when is the next one? :laugh:

Yours, Jamie

Edited by Jamie Lee (log)

Jamie Lee

Beauty fades, Dumb lasts forever. - Judge Judy

Our next blog starts tomorrow (and I'm working with Nina to find a date so she can finish her blog!), but some hints:

gallery_45680_4699_11753.jpg

gallery_45680_4699_67048.jpg

Hmmm. I'm not seeing many carbs. Any guesses as to where we're going? And who we're going with?

Susan Fahning aka "snowangel"

Our next blog starts tomorrow (and I'm working with Nina to find a date so she can finish her blog!), but some hints:

gallery_45680_4699_11753.jpg

gallery_45680_4699_67048.jpg

Hmmm.  I'm not seeing many carbs.  Any guesses as to where we're going?  And who we're going with?

Seattle/Washington State?

Judy Jones aka "moosnsqrl"

Sharing food with another human being is an intimate act that should not be indulged in lightly.

M.F.K. Fisher

• 3 weeks later...

eG foodblogs are interesting. Just as has happened to me during many a blog, emergencies and catastrophes happen, and planned bloggers have to beg pardon. But, then occasionally, during a lull, someone PM's me, with a desire to do one, and do it NOW! Look for a blog in the next few hours, a surprise to you and me, and with no teasers!

• 2 weeks later...

A new blog starts on Monday, December 24th.

Our next blogger reported to me via a PM that

Did I mention that this will be my first experience with Christmas ever? I wanted to get into the whole spirit of it now that I've moved back to the U.S.. The day after I brought home the tree, I walked into my house and was like, "What the heck is this smell? Is one of my bottles of cleaning agents leaking?". So I'm a bona fide amateur at Christmas, at blogging, at all of it!

Some photos:

gallery_6263_3_89916.jpg

gallery_6263_3_86361.jpg

We're back in North America, and obviously, not for a snowy New England (or Minnesota) Christmas.

Who and where?

Verjuice?

T

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association

New Mexico, I think. But who?

Margo Thompson

Allentown, PA

You're my little potato, you're my little potato,

You're my little potato, they dug you up!

You come from underground!

-Malcolm Dalglish

• 2 weeks later...

Our next blog starts on Monday, January 7, and features not just one, not just two, but three bloggers! We remain in North America (we'll likely see sun and snow!), and like most blogs, this one has a theme.

A photo from one of our bloggers:

gallery_28660_5521_134469.jpg

Two from another of our bloggers:

gallery_28660_5521_14158.jpg

gallery_28660_5521_35031.jpg

And, from our third blogger:

gallery_28660_5521_14425.jpg

gallery_28660_5521_78152.jpg

Not only will those who once again vowed to eat healthier with the New Year get some motivation, we will also learn just what a small world it is.

I'm excited!

The last photo looks like Southern California. San Diego? Are we to be treated again to Miz Ducky's fine hospitality?

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

The last photo looks like Southern California.  San Diego?  Are we to be treated again to Miz Ducky's fine hospitality?

Oooh, I hope so. I will now go have some pho in her honor.

"We had dry martinis; great wing-shaped glasses of perfumed fire, tangy as the early morning air." - Elaine Dundy, The Dud Avocado

Queenie Takes Manhattan

eG Foodblogs: 2006 - 2007

The Wawa salad should be NJ/PA...

tracey

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association

My goodness, Bruce, you really DO pay attention ! :wink:

Both are true (actually, I'm just pulling out my camera for some shots 'cause I feel bad gawking at everyone's without contributing any :unsure: ) however, it is not I......

Looking forward to it, though ! :biggrin:

Our next blogger starts on Monday, January 14 (is it really already 2008?). S/he hails from not too far from one of our current bloggers, and there is a clue or two as to from when she hails in this first photo:

gallery_6263_3_98775.jpg

Oh, and s/he has published a book!

gallery_6263_3_42783.jpg

And, no, I'm pretty sure she doesn't have a show on the Food Network, nor has Lynn Rosetto Kasper interviewed her.

I don't often give many clues past the photos, but our current blogger's first name is quite possibly one of my favorites, and one of the most beautiful.

Anna N

Not guilty! :biggrin:

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

Do'h :angry:

What kinda clues are those? Quinoa, Starbucks french roast?! :biggrin:

ETA: It could have been you. Anna is a beautiful name.

Grains of Paradise?

Thank you!

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog