• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

eG Foodblogs: Coming Attractions

Gastro888 or Raji...after a shopping trip to Mitsuwa :unsure:

tracey

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association

Dried chilis, chili powder, chinese bean paste, bonito flakes, fettucine, mouse ears.....it's a mix of China and Japan.......plus they're a Pocky fan (but who isn't).......no hangul anywhere, so it's not Korea......but then again it could be a clever ploy and this is out of NYC......

Hmmmmmm.......

even tho there are lots of chinese ingredients the presence of the Nishiki rice (expensive) and bonito flakes don't scream China to me, and there's a toaster for the bagels, hmmmm, actually no idea :laugh: (the kitchen looks Asian to me, all ours had white walls)

...just noticed the sichuan peppercorns,the plot gets thicker

Edited by insomniac (log)

I think I have that exact same toaster, those bagels look suspiciously like ones from Solly's, and I think you can buy most of those ingredients in North America... but heck, what do I know.

Snowangel says a long flight.... but, from where?

Edited by appreciator (log)

sarah

Always take a good look at what you're about to eat. It's not so important to know what it is, but it's critical to know what it was. --Unknown

Our next blog commences on Thursday, October 11. Our next blogger gave me a wonderful assortment of teaser photos, so you get extra hints. First off, some of food things we might see:

gallery_6263_3_18379.jpg

gallery_6263_3_39350.jpg

And, a couple of hints as to where we'll be going (yes, it's a long car ride from Montreal!):

gallery_6263_3_5235.jpg

gallery_6263_3_30781.jpg

Once again, we go where no eGulleter has gone before during an eG foodblog.

Where are we going, and who is taking us on the tour?

Susan Fahning aka "snowangel"

gfron?

Cutting the lemon/the knife/leaves a little cathedral:/alcoves unguessed by the eye/that open acidulous glass/to the light; topazes/riding the droplets,/altars,/aromatic facades. - Ode to a Lemon, Pablo Neruda

Hmmm, maybe it's just wishful thinking because I'm headed out there in a couple weeks, but this is looking like Arizona to me. I'm guessing molto e?

C'mon, do you see any truffles or wagyu? :raz::laugh:

John Sconzo, M.D. aka "docsconz"

"Remember that a very good sardine is always preferable to a not that good lobster."

- Ferran Adria on eGullet 12/16/2004.

Docsconz - Musings on Food and Life

Slow Food Saratoga Region - Co-Founder

Twitter - @docsconz

ocatillo cactus...looks like the mountains my bil showed us between tuscon and mesa...

a man's hand in the one picture but that may be a significant other.....no feakin' clue as to who

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Marlena lives in England and was just in Italy but didnt mention truffles

And, Chufi was just in Italy carting truffles around but doent live in England

I think I already got my correct guess for the year last month

tracey

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

My Webpage

Starting Monday, October 29, we travel back across the Atlantic.

A dairy extravaganza:

gallery_6263_3_5196.jpg

And a couple of other things:

gallery_6263_3_100938.jpg

gallery_6263_3_88938.jpg

No location photos, but I think the pies are from a pie social...

Susan Fahning aka "snowangel"

All I am getting is somewhere near Lancaster PA and they have Guitar Hero

T

Maxine

My Webpage

• 2 weeks later...