• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

eG Foodblogs: Coming Attractions

Since you folks are so good at guessing, only a photo this time!

gallery_6263_3_11966.jpg

That must be Amsterdam! The Museumplein, facing the Concertgebouw and with the Rijksmuseum right behind the photographer. ...Klary perhaps...?

Our next blog starts on Monday, May 7, and I offer this as a teaser photo. Hopefully, this next blogger's teaser photo will stump all of you!

gallery_6263_3_5369.jpg

No other clues to you great guessers.

Susan Fahning aka "snowangel"

Our next blog starts on Monday, May 7, and I offer this as a teaser photo.  Hopefully, this next blogger's teaser photo will stump all of you!

gallery_6263_3_5369.jpg

No other clues to you great guessers.

I can see you lurking on the thread Simon.....someone Irish??

ps. i hope that's a spud :smile:

Edited by insomniac (log)

May 14? Is this a stereotype, in that we'll guess Idaho or Ireland? Or a funny-shaped bit of nature's wit, so we'll guess the wit of Fresser or srchb or Carrot Top?

Given the number of new fruits and vegetables surfacing on all fronts, it doesn't even have to BE a potato. But if it is, it's an odd one.

And even WITH the clue, I haven't got one.

May 14?  Is this a stereotype, in that we'll guess Idaho or Ireland?  Or a funny-shaped bit of nature's wit, so we'll guess the wit of Fresser or srchb or Carrot Top?

Pas moi, dearie. :rolleyes: Though I am enjoying being in the same sentence as those two dolls. :smile:

I'm guessing that's a cull potato from the great state of Maine.

May 14?  Is this a stereotype, in that we'll guess Idaho or Ireland?  Or a funny-shaped bit of nature's wit, so we'll guess the wit of Fresser or srchb or Carrot Top?

I too am honored, but being photography challenged, I must remove my name from consideration.

SB (and an artist's rendition of meatloaf leaves a lot to be desired :sad: )

On MOnday, May 21, we will visit a place I think that no eG Foodblog has gone before.

Two photos, taken from the same place, but at different times:

gallery_28661_4647_20158.jpg

gallery_28661_4647_56408.jpg

Guess away!

Given the fact that the only source of income in the picture is a fishing boat, and it hasn't budged at all with the seasons....it definitely has to be the Maritimes somewhere. It could be Chromedome in NB, but this has more of a Newfie feel to it.

Looks like Grand Manan to me.  Anyone here from Grand Manan?

That could explain the big tide differential. It's also cold enough to freeze sea water. But the red fishing boat has the sloped windows common to north pacific fleet. But the granite...

:huh:

"I took the habit of asking Pierre to bring me whatever looks good today and he would bring out the most wonderful things," - bleudauvergne

foodblogs: Dining Downeast I - Dining Downeast II

Portland Food Map.com

I say it's somewhere atlantic, too. It looks like the far west of Ireland, except that it doesn't get that cold, and the buildings are wrong.

I was just in the West this weekend, and that first picture relaxes me.

• 2 weeks later...
who's up next?  I am getting hungry :raz:

If the next blog doesn't start soon, I am going to have to start paying attention to the work on my desk. :shock:

Don't we at least get a hint or something? Please?

Ah, I keep you guessing, don't I?

We travel to a part of thie same side of the globe as Peter the Eater, but the terraine couldn't be more different:

gallery_28660_3_139866.jpg

And, as to a hint as to what the next blogger does for work(who starts June 9, so keep panting in anticipation, folks):

gallery_28660_3_49759.jpg

And may the guessing begin!

(Edited to insert a missing word or two.)

• 2 weeks later...

Our next blog starts on Monday, June 18. We visit a different part of North America, and here are your clues!

gallery_41580_4407_74.jpg

What are these, and where to they come from?

gallery_41580_4407_1188.jpg

And, just where are we? This could be Northern Minnesota, except there would be one of 10,000 lakes, so it's not here.

Our next blogger perhaps may have let slip that she/he is blogging, so I'm expecting some guesses on this one.

Oh, and I don't think that the next blogger is a caterer or does meals for seniors...

Our next blog starts on Monday, June 18.  We visit a different part of North America, and here are your clues!

What are these, and where to they come from?

gallery_41580_4407_1188.jpg

And, just where are we?  This could be Northern Minnesota, except there would be one of 10,000 lakes, so it's not here.

Oh damn! :angry:

I thought maybe it was me? :laugh: