• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

eG Foodblogs: Coming Attractions

Then my vote is still PamR. Soup cookbook, snowy location, housing looks like the condos in her area (and in Dec. there was a 30-cm snowfall in one day so all parking lots had snowbanks like the one in the pic). Can the La Chamba pot be a Hanukkah present?

The unsettling collection of chicken feet make me think of a small frog and a farm in the middle of nowhere. :wink:

The mysterious petalled or snowflake-light light evokes ludja's current avatar.

I so want to walk throuh those woods as long as a fireplace and hot chocolate come with the scenery...

"Viciousness in the kitchen.

The potatoes hiss." --Sylvia Plath

• 2 weeks later...

Our next blogger starts Friday the 9th of February

gallery_26775_1623_66198.jpg

gallery_26775_1718_13845.jpg

And blogs through the 17th.

Guesses? I'm giving no clues, other than I need to get my reading glasses to try and discern the book to the side of the cup!

(edited to remove extra photo!)

Susan Fahning aka "snowangel"

OK, what kind of hint is that? Our next blogger has coffee in cafes, reads Jeffrey Steingarten and adores a decent cake. THAT sure narrows it down for me. No wonder I rarely guess!:raz:

More Than Salt

Visit Our Cape Coop Blog

Cure Cutaneous Lymphoma

Join the DarkSide---------------------------> DarkSide Member #006-03-09-06

Our next blogger has coffee in cafes, reads Jeffrey Steingarten and adores a decent cake.

:hmmm: That could be me, except I don't own a camera?:laugh:

SB (maybe artist's renditions of food in crayon would be okay :rolleyes: )

Ah, a special treat. Megan's blog overlaps with our next blogger by a few hours.

But, to our next blogger! Head east! (or as Peter, my young son who is a current geography nut reminds me, you could head west and get to the same place.)

We will celebrate a special holiday with our next blogger. And, no other hints, because it's apparent that the hints I didn't give gave away our last blogger...

gallery_19795_4219_43518.jpg

gallery_19795_4219_5979.jpg

Susan Fahning aka "snowangel"

I am going to say someone in China, since the Chinese New Year is on Saturday I believe. I am not familiar enough with all of the bloggers to know who is in China, although I am sure it will be quite obvious when I find out.

I am observing every New Year that I can. I need a new year, badly. And, it is the year of the boar! Now, where are the more intuned eGulleters to tell us who this might be?

More Than Salt

Visit Our Cape Coop Blog

Cure Cutaneous Lymphoma

Join the DarkSide---------------------------> DarkSide Member #006-03-09-06

I am going to say someone in China, since the Chinese New Year is on Saturday I believe.  I am not familiar enough with all of the bloggers to know who is in China, although I am sure it will be quite obvious when I find out.

Someone from China who lives in Washington DC (Presidents Day) or vice versa?

SB :unsure: