• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

eG Foodblogs: Coming Attractions

gallery_13038_3107_41680.jpg

gallery_13038_3107_38836.jpg

We are going from the country setting of Kerry's blog, to more of a city setting from the next blogger. Besides that, I suspect that these photos serve as clues enough about the identity of the next eG foodblogger, who will begin Monday, 25 September. Cheers!

Life is short; eat the cheese course first.

gallery_13038_3658_98508.jpg

What better eG foodblog itinerary could there be than to travel from NYC to Europe?

gallery_13038_3658_47522.jpg

It's a pretty long walk, a lot of it uphill, so I'll give you a few days to contemplate... What's the exact final destination? :laugh:

We will arrive on Monday, 2 October, after the very exciting current tour of Brooklyn.

gallery_13038_3658_28629.jpg

We've had some requests to visit this locale. I'm sure you'll agree that it's been worth waiting for.

gallery_13038_3658_41339.jpg

There are some similarities between the next eG foodblog and the current one.

gallery_13038_3658_29737.jpg

This is where some cooking will be done.

gallery_13038_3658_22479.jpg

And this is some of the equipment that will be used.

'Nuf said.

...'Cept that Judith's lovely blog will end late Sunday night, and the next one will begin early Monday morning.

First (cropped) image is the final of four spalliere panels that recount the story of Nastagio degli Onesti from The Decameron. The moralizing tale advises women to give in to the desires of suitors lest they spend all of eternity chased naked by hounds until, exhausted, their hearts are torn out of their bodies, alive. Botticelli's workshop produced the cycle for a wedding that tied the Pucci & Bini families in the late 15th century, most likely arranged by Lorenzo de Medici.

Connection? I give up unless it's Ore who also trained in Jesu. This part had to be edited because I intially guessed that the blogger was someone Italian getting married or someone in Italy responsible for preparing a wedding banquet. (Terre Madre's later in the month.) HOWEVER, look at the electrical outlet. The blog recording some form of communal cooking at a large event will be set in North America, right? In Italy, at least, you'd need round holes that accept two prongs.

Also note the white gloves on the guy (?) to the right and the long, full skirt in foreground, left, of the third image. There are Renaissance Fairs going on still at this time of year...

Edited by Pontormo (log)

"Viciousness in the kitchen.

The potatoes hiss." --Sylvia Plath

I thought of Ore, too, but the Italian painting threw me off from considering him. Very astute of you to notice the shapes of the electrical outlets, Pontormo!

Edited by Pan (log)

Michael aka "Pan"

I'm sorry the preview of the next blog is delayed. It's my bad, not that of the next blogger, who begins Monday morning. This eG foodblog takes us completely back to the USA.

This is a door:

gallery_13038_3658_56586.jpg

Let's pretend it's a stargate and take a look beyond:

gallery_13038_3658_149270.jpg

Tune in on Monday morning to enjoy more culinary exploration and discoveries. Those of you who like to see the appearance of kids in our eG foodblogs will especially enjoy this blog.

When the next eG foodblog starts, we will have the unusual occurence of a full day of overlap. This will enable the next blogger to share a special occasion with us. It starts this Sunday, the 22nd. Danielle's will continue through Sunday, as well. I'm sure you will stay tuned to Danielle's, welcome the start of another, and enjoy them both.

One of the things that the two of these blogs have in common is that they both come from great food cities. We wondered if this photo would be too obvious a hint. Who can guess the city, even if not the blogger?

gallery_13038_3658_56516.jpg