• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

eG Foodblogs: Coming Attractions

I'm guessing TheOldFoodie for no reason other than I think I see her in the picture, and I think she said something in a post about an upcoming blog.

The wine is from Chile so I doubt it is an Australian, but I haven't come up with an alternate suggestion yet.

Cheers,

Anne

You're warm, especially one of you. :wink:

And now a preview of the next blog, as well: We will virtually remain on the same side of the earth for another week, though we will travel to a different country. I am thrilled with every eG foodblog, and how each one has a uniqueness and standout feature. I think you will agree with me during the week of 13 August through 19 August that the blog will stand out as one of the most interesting eG foodblogs to date.

gallery_13038_3107_216415.jpg

Juice, Anyone?

Life is short; eat the cheese course first.

I think it's Turkey, or possibly a former Soviet republic. But based on the kebabs and the pomegranates, I'm going with Turkey.

But I don't know who posts from Turkey.

(edited for misidentifying some objects)

Edited by nakji (log)

Alinka?

That was my guess, too!

I hope it is - her photos are sooooo beautiful.

She's off to a great start, isn't she, with that gorgeous bowl of borscht?

Sandy Smith, Exile on Oxford Circle, Philadelphia

"95% of success in life is showing up." --Woody Allen

My foodblogs: 1 | 2 | 3

She surely is off to a great start. This blog from around the world is fantastic, and the next one will be, too... And as another teaser about the next one, I'll add this photo to the juice man photo, to give you a clue about some of the food you will see next week.

gallery_13038_3107_133108.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

In this preview of the next eG foodblog, we are going to stray from the tradition of mystery about the blogger's identity. It's a change of pace and a celebration.

Swisskaese's outstanding blog will end late Saturday night, 19 August, and will remain open into Sunday. The next one will run Monday through Friday, with the possibility (blogger's time permitting) of starting a day earlier and/or ending a day later.

We recently passed the three year anniversary of the eG foodblogs' beginning. It was the summer of 2003. Here's the teaser photo.

Happy Birthday, eG Foodblogs!

gallery_13038_3107_87658.jpg

Now that Steven's blog is in progress, let's take a sneak peak at the next eG foodblog, which begins on Sunday, 27 August and will run through late Saturday, 2 September.

gallery_13038_3107_78261.jpg

As you know, we're back in North America now. We will stay here for a while and next time we'll get two bloggers for the price of one. Where from I'm not tellin'..... :raz:

• 2 weeks later...

gallery_13038_3107_48410.jpg

The eG foodblog after the current hit that's going on now starts this Sunday, 3 September, and runs for a week. Your guessing has been good, so I am going to be stingy with the hints this time: It's a female blogger as you may have concluded from the photo, and she is from the right coast of the USA.

It's a female blogger as you may have concluded from the photo, and she is from the right coast of the USA.

USA, huh? I would have bet MONEY that it was Marlene. :biggrin:

Hmmmm...lessee...gotta think on this one.

"We had dry martinis; great wing-shaped glasses of perfumed fire, tangy as the early morning air." - Elaine Dundy, The Dud Avocado

Queenie Takes Manhattan

eG Foodblogs: 2006 - 2007

Three years of foodblogs. Just amazing. I blogged once, mid-August 2003. I'm giving the link here, just so we remember that we've come a long way, bavettes.

No pictures, three days duration, and fourteen lines long, because I was writing sonnets.

Ta duh da duh ta duh ta duh ta duh

Primitive. Thanks to everyone who's made our blogs such a compelling feature on eGullet.

Margaret McArthur

"Take it easy, but take it."

Studs Terkel

1912-2008

A sensational tennis blog from freakyfrites

margaretmcarthur.com

It's a female blogger as you may have concluded from the photo, and she is from the right coast of the USA.

USA, huh? I would have bet MONEY that it was Marlene. :biggrin:

Hmmmm...lessee...gotta think on this one.

No, no no. I'm a Princess, not a Queen. And after six blogs, I've reached my limit I think. Although I can't think at the moment who this might be. Abra?

Marlene

Practice. Do it over. Get it right.

Mostly, I want people to be as happy eating my food as I am cooking it.

Interesting to use the word "right" instead of east....could it be someone calling the west coast the "correct coast" ? (Bah! I say.) Or perhaps the right coast of Texas.... or perhaps I am just overthinking as a procrastination technique so I don't have to keep slogging away on this essay!

The foodblogs lately have been fantastic! I'm guessing you'll be humble Susan, but you sure know how to pick 'em!

The Kitchn

Nina Callaway

Y'all are good. Let's see if we can stump you this time, following suit with the same type hints. After this FABULOUS blog ends late Saturday night, the next begins Sunday morning. It's a male blogger, and he lives closer to the left coast than the right coast of the USA. He does not live directly on the left coast, though you might not conclude that from this photo of just a little something he whipped up for dinner recently:

gallery_13038_3107_54234.jpg

Maybe this one is a better hint as to his locale:

gallery_13038_3107_99379.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

More beautiful scenery is on it's way...

gallery_13038_3107_56486.jpg

gallery_13038_3107_22103.jpg

We have had some great eG foodbloggers, haven't we? Well, so it continues... The next one is going to be sweet. We stay on the continent of North America.

I am especially grateful to our next blogger because there was a miscommunication regarding the next blog week, and the member I thought was going to blog is not able to. That member will remain nameless for now, in case he/she reschedules. :biggrin: The blogger who is stepping in is willing to do so with less planning and preparation time than any other blogger in recent weeks. This member has been "on standby" in case something like this occured. Prepare to be impressed.

Flocko's beautiful blog will officially continue through late Saturday night, and the topic will remain open through Sunday. The next blog will begin Monday morning, 18 September.

There is a major hint in this post. If somebody figures this one out, y'all are really good.