• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

eG Foodblogs: Coming Attractions

The next eG Foodblog will begin Wednesday, 10 May and run through Tuesday, 16 May. This installment will be brought to us by not one, not two, but three bloggers. They are all fired up and ready to show some hot stuff. After a week without a foodblog, I’m sure some of you faithful viewers were ready to light a fire under somebody. Well, not to worry. Tune in. We are back, and we are smokin’ . . . !

gallery_13038_2499_34319.jpg

gallery_13038_2499_175631.jpg

gallery_13038_2499_6920.jpg

Life is short; eat the cheese course first.

Smokin', huh? Makes me think of Snowangel and her beloved smoker... and those asparagus also look mighty familiar... I think I saw them on the Dinner! thread recently.

"We had dry martinis; great wing-shaped glasses of perfumed fire, tangy as the early morning air." - Elaine Dundy, The Dud Avocado

Queenie Takes Manhattan

eG Foodblogs: 2006 - 2007

Well Megan, it turns out you were "warm" in looking for the triple bloggers' identity, so I guess we're going to have to make it a little more difficult to figure out next time. Next time is coming soon!

The current blog will continue through Tuesday, 16 May, midnight of each blogger's time zone. I'll keep it open until the next morning, Wednesday, so that traditional ending remarks can be posted.

On Thursday, 18 May 2006, the next eG foodblog begins. This blogger has something in common with Marlene. No, this person is not a Princess; but like Marlene, this person lives outside of the United States.

Some of the words you will see in the upcoming foodblog are convection, power, and luau. Some of the photos you will see are of wine, a range, and if we're lucky, some eGulleteers. This member will be dining out, and having company in, and sharing the exciting experiences with us up through Wednesday, 24 May.

gallery_13038_2499_50840.jpg

Hmmm.... At first I guessed another Canuck but what can those of us from the frozen north have to do with a luau? So now I am really stumped. :smile: Could it be someone from outside the Continental United States? :wink:

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

Hmmm.... At first I guessed another Canuck but what can those of us from the frozen north have to do with a luau?  So now I am really stumped. :smile: Could it be someone from outside the Continental United States? :wink:

Well, those are all BC wines.

Cheers,

Anne

• 2 weeks later...

This time, a couple of you were warm, and figured out the Canadian part. You were sort of in the neighborhood!

Now Deborah's foodblog is winding down, and the coming attractions are coming soon! The blogger who was scheduled next had to cancel, and we did some rearranging, so we'll soon be announcing the next hints. Stay tuned.

gallery_13038_2499_127772.jpg

Do you know what this is? That is the question, but it is only one question. Do you know what it has to do with food?

These are only a glimpse of things to come. The upcoming foodblogger will be asking you a lot of questions! . . .Maybe even some food trivia.

If you know these answers, then you probably know what our next blogger does for a living.

Good luck with your guesses, now, and starting this Sunday, 28 May.

Is it a cross-section of bone marrow?

April

One cantaloupe is ripe and lush/Another's green, another's mush/I'd buy a lot more cantaloupe/ If I possessed a fluoroscope. Ogden Nash

gallery_13038_2499_109163.jpg

Bun Soup With Tomato, Periwinkles and Shrimp

gallery_13038_2499_93679.jpg

The View From a Local Lounge (that features some great live music)

gallery_13038_2499_52683.jpg

Warm Scallop and Shrimp Salad, “Scarfed”

(from same place that features some great live music)

. . . All this and more, in the next eG Foodblog you will find out why this salad is referred to as scarfed.

Our next blogger will explore the culinary possibilities of a new neighborhood and provide fascinating snapshots. The blogger also as a new health regimen, and will show that it is possible to follow such a regimen while continuing to please one’s inner foodie. It’s likely that there will be music at a picnic, as well as with the meals at home and the dining out. It will surprise me if there isn’t good humor also included.

Therese’s foodblog will conclude this Saturday night, the 3rd of June. The next one begins a week from today, the 6th. You have two days in between them to try to figure out the identity of the next blogger!

The blogger has been guessed correctly, for the first time since this topic was started. You guys are good. Or maybe, it is more like I gave it away. I won't be so generous in giving hints from now on!

So instead of wondering and guessing, you all can look forward to mizducky's sequel, and in the meantime, in addition to enjoying therese's foodblog, you can take a look at mizducky's previous blog.

• 2 weeks later...

I gave it away last time, so this time. . .

The next eG foodblog begins Tuesday, the 13th. The blogger is male and young. That's all I'm sayin'.

Coming Soon: One teaser photo, not three.

Any questions?

I gave it away last time, so this time. . .

The next eG foodblog begins Tuesday, the 13th.  The blogger is male and young.  That's all I'm sayin'.

Coming Soon:  One teaser photo, not three.

Any questions?

You say "eG, young and male," and I think BryanZ.

"Oh, tuna. Tuna, tuna, tuna." -Andy Bernard, The Office

Isn't BryanZ the gourmet kid down at Duke?

The image on the right looks like it could qualify, but the image on the left looks just a bit down-homey with all that white bread.

Still, he's my guess.

Sandy Smith, Exile on Oxford Circle, Philadelphia

"95% of success in life is showing up." --Woody Allen

My foodblogs: 1 | 2 | 3

But Sandy, there's no cornichon foam in the photo on the left. No syringe in the background on the right.

ETA: BZ did say that he doesn't feel comfortable baking.... :smile:

Edited by Pontormo (log)

"Viciousness in the kitchen.

The potatoes hiss." --Sylvia Plath

My guess is ulterior epicure... the photos seem about right!

"Many people believe the names of In 'n Out and Steak 'n Shake perfectly describe the contrast in bedroom techniques between the coast and the heartland." ~Roger Ebert

Not a clue...but I will say that the bbq looks to be takeout - there is a plastic bag, styro bowl and plastic spoon in the pic, and it's on what appears to be a sheet of butcher paper.

Don't try to win over the haters. You're not the jackass whisperer."

Scott Stratten

Here's a guess. Chiantiglace, he's at CIA now and worked in kitchens at home before.  He's from North Carolina, so maybe that would explain the barbeque in the picture

that's definitely not NC BBQ, it's not pork! It looks like brisket...then when you add the white bread and pickles...I say it's Texas or Kansas City.

"Godspeed all the bakers at dawn... may they all cut their thumbs and bleed into their buns til they melt away..."

Our foodblogging travels a couple of states away for the next eG foodblog, but I will not tell you in what direction.

I will tell you a few “nots” about this blog. The direction traveled from tupac’s state of Texas is not southward. ( :biggrin: ) The foodblog will not take place in a large city, and the blogger does not have at his or her disposal many ingredients to which people in major cities have access. And for this foodblog, we're not just talking land travel.

Tupac’s foodblog will conclude in the wee hours of Tuesday morning, 20 June, and remain open for comments until Tuesday afternoon. The next blog will run Tuesday morning through Sunday night.

That's all the hints for now. A photo will come later. After all, these have come to be known as the teaser posts, right?