• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Romantic birthday in Seattle

Hi Seattle Egulleteers,

I'm driving down to Seattle this coming Sunday (the 14th) for my girlfriends birthday. We'll do a little sightseeing, go to the space needle, and then I was hoping to solicit your advice on a nice place for dinner. Price isn't a huge deal - I'd like to keep it under $200 including wine/tax/tip. Normally I'd go for the huge gastronomic blowout, but that's not really her style, so a nice scenic or romantic room is the main goal. Bonus points if there is a nice hotel nearby.

Many thanks,

Jason

Jason

Editor

EatVancouver.net

The chef's whimsical tasting menu at Marjorie is $32. Add a good bottle of wine, tax and tip, and you'll still be under $200. That's for a 4 course meal with a good wine! Tell them Henry sent you and they might throw in an extra course :wink: The room is nic, dark, and very romantic; Ask for the corner table where you can sit next to each other. If its a nice evening, the patio is even more romantic.

The Inn at el Gaucho is walking distance. So is the Hotel Andra (a bit further) or the Ace Hotel (a bit cheaper).

Edited by hhlodesign (log)

Jason,

I'll report back to you tomorrow. We are off to Zoe's for dinner tonight. We have been here since Friday, staying at El Gaucho. Got a GREAT deal here and the hotel is awesome, very small, only 18 rooms.

Had alot of fun at The Harvest Vine on Friday and an 8 coarse dinner last night at Union. Will report next week.

Derek

Jason,

I'll report back to you tomorrow.  We are off to Zoe's for dinner tonight.  We have been here since Friday, staying at El Gaucho.  Got a GREAT deal here and the hotel is awesome, very small, only 18 rooms.

Had alot of fun at The Harvest Vine on Friday and an 8 coarse dinner last night at Union.  Will report next week.

How fortuitous. Thanks Derek!

Jason

Editor

EatVancouver.net

• 3 weeks later...