• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

A Long Time coming...Swiss Pork Store

Okay, a bunch of us keep mentioning the Swiss Pork Store; an old time shoppe in Fair Lawn. Homemade everything. Mommy walked me there in the pram. Homemade bologna that gives the forcemeat a new name. The best homemade salami I've ever had. Veal Loaf -- warm. A classic. Headcheese that makes you admit you like it. First off, if you go, tell Steve or Al, the owners, that Christine from Picnic (or Christine Nunn, the way they've known me for 41 years says hi!). Second off, ask for a taste of veal loaf.

I get my prime meats and hams there as well for my place. You just have to visit!

for pigs in a blanket, there is no choice other than their little franks.

Made them today for a cocktail party in Ridgewood. (we make our own puff pastry to really make them special). They're also great as cocktail franks with a little homemade b-b-q sauce.

Karl Ehmer is in Hillsdale on Broadway - I do NOT know the address of the one Christine is talking about but she may have mentioned it before.

Stacey C-Anonymouze@aol.com

*Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads!-G. B. SHAW

JUST say NO... to CENSORSHIP*!

Also member of LinkedIn, Erexchange and DonRockwell.

The Pork Store is in Fair Lawn, on Fair Lawn Avenue. In Radburn...across from the Plaza building.

How does the place in Hillsdale compare? That one is much closer to me...

Haven't been to the Hillsdale location. All I can tell you is people come from other STATES to make it to our little Radburn pork store.

Haven't been to the Hillsdale location. All I can tell you is people come from other STATES to make it to our little Radburn pork store.

Can't seem to find any posts, but I remember a couple of years back folks saying similar kudos about the Pork Store on Broadway in Hillsdale.

As far as other states, well, NY State border is only about 8 miles... :biggrin:

Edited to add: Isn't Hillsdale only 2 towns away from Emerson?

Edited by menton1 (log)

Can't seem to find any posts, but I remember a couple of years back folks saying similar kudos about the Pork Store on Broadway in Hillsdale.

As far as other states, well, NY State border is only about 8 miles... :biggrin:

Edited to add: Isn't Hillsdale only 2 towns away from Emerson?

Ah...yes, Hillsdale is...but I grew up and returned to the Radburn section of Fair Lawn...an easier visit at 6 a.m. before work!