• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Mexican with Margaritas? for my MIL

Beth E.

My mother in law is seeking the wisdom of Egullet. She is looking for a mexican restaurant serving Margaritas. It can be in the Morristown, Summit, Madison, Millburn, Montclair etc area. Already discarded is Mexicali Rose in Montclair.

Any idea? Thanks!

I loooove Los Tapitios! But I've never been on the bar side. What's that side like? I was kind of thinking more upscale for my in laws. I'm not sure I would send them to the bar side without seeing it. They have been to the restaurant side with us before though.

Senorita's in Bloomfield! It's more upscale than Los Tapatios - still casual and fun, to be sure, but more attractively decorated; newer, certainly; with beautiful bathrooms. The food is tasty and fresh and the margaritas are good. Plus service is very friendly. The block it's situated on is kinda decrepit ... but the restaurant feels even more welcoming as a result.

Senorita's in Bloomfield!  It's more upscale than Los Tapatios - still casual and fun, to be sure, but more attractively decorated; newer, certainly; with beautiful bathrooms.  The food is tasty and fresh and the margaritas are good.  Plus service is very friendly.  The block it's situated on is kinda decrepit ... but the restaurant feels even more welcoming as a result.

where's this? is it new? thx.

Senorita's in Bloomfield!  It's more upscale than Los Tapatios - still casual and fun, to be sure, but more attractively decorated; newer, certainly; with beautiful bathrooms.  The food is tasty and fresh and the margaritas are good.  Plus service is very friendly.  The block it's situated on is kinda decrepit ... but the restaurant feels even more welcoming as a result.

where's this? is it new? thx.

barista has some info.

a quick google turns up a bunch of myspace pages. that's always kinda sucky when you're looking for real info.

• 3 months later...

Had a very good meal at Senoritas...

285 Glenwood Ave, Bloomfield, NJ (at intersection of Bloomfield Ave & Glenwood/Broad), 973.743.0099

Is a kind of sketchy area but restaurant is brand new. Very cheery 'vrai Mexican' feel (b-days are feted w/ the Mex b-day song) and staff quite friendly.

Patron Marg's (w/ an extra shot) were good and was really a pleasure to eat this cuisine not BYOB...

Menu is enormous - we had the Chicken Mole (complex sauce was right on; served on accompanying chicken breast but I mentioned to staff I'd rather next time on half a roasted chix - they said "no prob...!"). Also had a steak dish; pan sauted rib eye served w/ portabello mushrooms, chili's & chipolate - really tasty. Black beans out of this world...

They been at this location for a year - will celebrate next week - and local eG's have every reason to celebrate, too. Great authentic fun grub & drinks and good prices; a rarity in N. NJ...

~waves

"When you look at the face of the bear, you see the monumental indifference of nature. . . . You see a half-disguised interest in just one thing: food."

Werner Herzog; NPR interview about his documentary "Grizzly Man"...