• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Ben & Jerry's icecream in Australia?

Reading the topics over in the US re Ben & Jerry's icecream flavours made me drool. I was over recently and got to indulge, but am now missing it agin.

Does anyone know whether B&J's has made it down under (particularly Sydney)? I'm guessing not, but a girl can hope...

Maliaty

I don't think I've ever seen B&Js in Australia.

If you're ever in Melbourne, you might want to check out USA Foods. The address is 11 Nicholson Street, Bentleigh and the phone number is (03) 9576-5655

Daniel Chan aka "Shinboners"

If you're ever in Melbourne, you might want to check out USA Foods.  The address is 11 Nicholson Street, Bentleigh and the phone number is (03) 9576-5655

They also do mail order, but they can't import perishable stuff like that -- just shelf-stable stuff and dry goods. Many products containing dairy are not approved for importation by quarantine either.

Thanks all. I'll just have to get out the icecream machine and make some myself.

While I fully support our quarantine laws, it is sometimes frustrating to think about things I would love to eat but can't. Another favourite is greek honey - which I have found in a couple of places in Marrickville, but in nowhere near the varieties etc that my greek friends turned me on to in Kefalonia in 1996.

Any other overseas favourites that people want to fess up to?

Cheers

Maliaty

Don't quote me but I think I saw a B&J's over in Perth... and may have seen it in a supermarket freezer.

Then again... I ... see... things...

"Coffee and cigarettes... the breakfast of champions!"

Ice cream...

Maraschino cherries...

...dead cows... oops, just sides of beef...

...all kinds... of... things...

"Coffee and cigarettes... the breakfast of champions!"