• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

How to make a sandwich

Fresser

Tonight, we made a giant BLT sandwich and split it before going out to a comedy club:

gallery_2_4_24878.jpg

Although the Brandywine tomato we used was somewhat underripe, it still was very, very good. And yes, thats a Jewish Challah we desecrated with bacon.

MMMMmmmm, I want that sandwich.

Not so strange to use Challah for a BLT -- my first year of college, our cooperative living hall had a very nice student of the Jewish persuasion who would always come down the kitchen on BLT day and start loading up a sandwich with bacon. "Jordan", we would say, "you can't eat that -- you're Jewish!", to which he would reply "Today, I'm not!". But we also had a couple strict vegetarians who during finals would skip the veggie lasagna and reach for the meat lasagna. Hey, I'm not going police their diet for them.

And to stay on-topic, I actually grew up on Miracle Whip, but I've switched entirely over to Hellman's Mayo -- better to dip french fries in. And I put mayo on both sides.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“A favorite dish in Kansas is creamed corn on a stick.”

-Jeff Harms, actor, comedian.

>Enjoying every bite, because I don't know any better...

Here's another informative way to make a sandwich:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WszsSEGrB6s

I've seen this like 10 times now and busts my gut every time. Something about the Britney Spears soundtrack just does it for me.

Edited by Jason Perlow (log)

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

• 2 years later...